Insurance Department opens more claims centers
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 6,2012
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — As cleanup from Hurricane Isaac continues, the Mississippi Insurance Department is setting up two additional claims centers to assist residents with their claims.
In addition to MID’s Coast Office in Bolton State Office Building in Biloxi, MID will be operating a claims center in Picayune at the National Guard Armory on Highway 11 South and in Waveland at 454 Highway 90.
Anyone having problems reaching their agent or insurance company or filing their claim should visit one of these three locations should call the MID Consumer Services toll-free number at 1-800-562-2957.
MID has also set up a special Isaac page at www.mid.state.ms.us. In addition to claims filing information, company 1-800 numbers and a live feed of the Department’s Twitter account, the page contains disaster assistance numbers such as FEMA and the Red Cross, among others.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity