Insurance Department opens more claims centers
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 6,2012
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — As cleanup from Hurricane Isaac continues, the Mississippi Insurance Department is setting up two additional claims centers to assist residents with their claims.
In addition to MID’s Coast Office in Bolton State Office Building in Biloxi, MID will be operating a claims center in Picayune at the National Guard Armory on Highway 11 South and in Waveland at 454 Highway 90.
Anyone having problems reaching their agent or insurance company or filing their claim should visit one of these three locations should call the MID Consumer Services toll-free number at 1-800-562-2957.
MID has also set up a special Isaac page at www.mid.state.ms.us. In addition to claims filing information, company 1-800 numbers and a live feed of the Department’s Twitter account, the page contains disaster assistance numbers such as FEMA and the Red Cross, among others.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability