Leonard retiring in January as Entergy chairman/CEO
Published: September 6,2012
NEW ORLEANS — J. Wayne Leonard will retire Jan. 31 as chairman and CEO of Entergy Corp.
The corporation also announced yesterday that Leo Denault, currently executive vice president and CFO, would succeed Leonard.
Andrew Marsh, currently vice president for system planning, will succeed Denault.
Also retiring is Entergy Wholesale Commodities president Richard Smith. William Mohl, currently chairman, president and CEO of Entergy Louisiana and Entergy Gulf States Louisiana, will succeed Smith.
Presiding board member Gary Edwards praised Leonard’s vision and leadership.
Entergy has been criticized by some public officials in Louisiana for what they deemed a slow restoration of power following Hurricane Isaac. There was no mention of the controversy in yesterday’s announcement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file