Leonard retiring in January as Entergy chairman/CEO
Published: September 6,2012
NEW ORLEANS — J. Wayne Leonard will retire Jan. 31 as chairman and CEO of Entergy Corp.
The corporation also announced yesterday that Leo Denault, currently executive vice president and CFO, would succeed Leonard.
Andrew Marsh, currently vice president for system planning, will succeed Denault.
Also retiring is Entergy Wholesale Commodities president Richard Smith. William Mohl, currently chairman, president and CEO of Entergy Louisiana and Entergy Gulf States Louisiana, will succeed Smith.
Presiding board member Gary Edwards praised Leonard’s vision and leadership.
Entergy has been criticized by some public officials in Louisiana for what they deemed a slow restoration of power following Hurricane Isaac. There was no mention of the controversy in yesterday’s announcement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill