Leonard retiring in January as Entergy chairman/CEO
by Associated Press
Published: September 6,2012
NEW ORLEANS — J. Wayne Leonard will retire Jan. 31 as chairman and CEO of Entergy Corp.
The corporation also announced yesterday that Leo Denault, currently executive vice president and CFO, would succeed Leonard.
Andrew Marsh, currently vice president for system planning, will succeed Denault.
Also retiring is Entergy Wholesale Commodities president Richard Smith. William Mohl, currently chairman, president and CEO of Entergy Louisiana and Entergy Gulf States Louisiana, will succeed Smith.
Presiding board member Gary Edwards praised Leonard’s vision and leadership.
Entergy has been criticized by some public officials in Louisiana for what they deemed a slow restoration of power following Hurricane Isaac. There was no mention of the controversy in yesterday’s announcement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county