Leonard retiring in January as Entergy chairman/CEO
Published: September 6,2012
NEW ORLEANS — J. Wayne Leonard will retire Jan. 31 as chairman and CEO of Entergy Corp.
The corporation also announced yesterday that Leo Denault, currently executive vice president and CFO, would succeed Leonard.
Andrew Marsh, currently vice president for system planning, will succeed Denault.
Also retiring is Entergy Wholesale Commodities president Richard Smith. William Mohl, currently chairman, president and CEO of Entergy Louisiana and Entergy Gulf States Louisiana, will succeed Smith.
Presiding board member Gary Edwards praised Leonard’s vision and leadership.
Entergy has been criticized by some public officials in Louisiana for what they deemed a slow restoration of power following Hurricane Isaac. There was no mention of the controversy in yesterday’s announcement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)