Leonard retiring in January as Entergy chairman/CEO
Published: September 6,2012
NEW ORLEANS — J. Wayne Leonard will retire Jan. 31 as chairman and CEO of Entergy Corp.
The corporation also announced yesterday that Leo Denault, currently executive vice president and CFO, would succeed Leonard.
Andrew Marsh, currently vice president for system planning, will succeed Denault.
Also retiring is Entergy Wholesale Commodities president Richard Smith. William Mohl, currently chairman, president and CEO of Entergy Louisiana and Entergy Gulf States Louisiana, will succeed Smith.
Presiding board member Gary Edwards praised Leonard’s vision and leadership.
Entergy has been criticized by some public officials in Louisiana for what they deemed a slow restoration of power following Hurricane Isaac. There was no mention of the controversy in yesterday’s announcement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money