Democrats choose new candidates for congressional races
Published: September 7,2012
MADISON and BILOXI — Mississippi Democrats have chosen two new nominees to challenge Republican incumbents in the state’s 3rd and 4th Districts in the Nov. 6 election.
Democratic chairman Rickey Cole says the party will ask the state Election Commission to put the names of Vicki Slater of Madison on the 3rd District ballot and Matthew Moore of Biloxi on the 4th District ballot.
Cole says Michael Herrington of Hattiesburg withdrew from the 4th District race in the southern part of the state as did Crystal Biggs of Florence in the 3rd District.
Republican incumbents are Gregg Harper in the 3rd District and Steven Palazzo in the 4th District.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Democrats choose new candidates for congressional races”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'