Democrats choose new candidates for congressional races
Published: September 7,2012
MADISON and BILOXI — Mississippi Democrats have chosen two new nominees to challenge Republican incumbents in the state’s 3rd and 4th Districts in the Nov. 6 election.
Democratic chairman Rickey Cole says the party will ask the state Election Commission to put the names of Vicki Slater of Madison on the 3rd District ballot and Matthew Moore of Biloxi on the 4th District ballot.
Cole says Michael Herrington of Hattiesburg withdrew from the 4th District race in the southern part of the state as did Crystal Biggs of Florence in the 3rd District.
Republican incumbents are Gregg Harper in the 3rd District and Steven Palazzo in the 4th District.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Democrats choose new candidates for congressional races”
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life