Democrats choose new candidates for congressional races
by Associated Press
Published: September 7,2012
MADISON and BILOXI — Mississippi Democrats have chosen two new nominees to challenge Republican incumbents in the state’s 3rd and 4th Districts in the Nov. 6 election.
Democratic chairman Rickey Cole says the party will ask the state Election Commission to put the names of Vicki Slater of Madison on the 3rd District ballot and Matthew Moore of Biloxi on the 4th District ballot.
Cole says Michael Herrington of Hattiesburg withdrew from the 4th District race in the southern part of the state as did Crystal Biggs of Florence in the 3rd District.
Republican incumbents are Gregg Harper in the 3rd District and Steven Palazzo in the 4th District.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Democrats choose new candidates for congressional races”
Top Posts & Pages
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Nullification and interposition