Democrats choose new candidates for congressional races
Published: September 7,2012
MADISON and BILOXI — Mississippi Democrats have chosen two new nominees to challenge Republican incumbents in the state’s 3rd and 4th Districts in the Nov. 6 election.
Democratic chairman Rickey Cole says the party will ask the state Election Commission to put the names of Vicki Slater of Madison on the 3rd District ballot and Matthew Moore of Biloxi on the 4th District ballot.
Cole says Michael Herrington of Hattiesburg withdrew from the 4th District race in the southern part of the state as did Crystal Biggs of Florence in the 3rd District.
Republican incumbents are Gregg Harper in the 3rd District and Steven Palazzo in the 4th District.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Democrats choose new candidates for congressional races”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino