Democrats choose new candidates for congressional races
by Associated Press
Published: September 7,2012
MADISON and BILOXI — Mississippi Democrats have chosen two new nominees to challenge Republican incumbents in the state’s 3rd and 4th Districts in the Nov. 6 election.
Democratic chairman Rickey Cole says the party will ask the state Election Commission to put the names of Vicki Slater of Madison on the 3rd District ballot and Matthew Moore of Biloxi on the 4th District ballot.
Cole says Michael Herrington of Hattiesburg withdrew from the 4th District race in the southern part of the state as did Crystal Biggs of Florence in the 3rd District.
Republican incumbents are Gregg Harper in the 3rd District and Steven Palazzo in the 4th District.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Democrats choose new candidates for congressional races”
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations