State agencies partner to expand job search services
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 7,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Department of Employment Security (MDES) and the Mississippi Department of Human Services (MDHS) have entered into a partnership aimed at increasing access to job search services provided by the WIN Job Centers.
MDES and MDHS will combine their expertise and locations to expand the number of e.WIN Access Points throughout the state.
MDES launched e.WIN Access Points as a way to provide WIN Job Center services in areas where no WIN Job Center is located. Currently, there are 21 e.WIN Access Points situated in libraries and community centers that have partnered with MDES to bring these valuable services to underserved areas. The new partnership between MDES and MDHS makes WIN Job Center job search services available in each of the MDHS county offices.
The collaboration calls for MDES to provide access to its on-line services that assist clients with their job search activities. MDES also provides materials for a jobseeker resource library at each e.WIN Access Point location, training for MDHS staff and direct contacts with MDES representatives to answer questions. MDHS will be providing an e.WIN Access Point computer in all of its sites and an ambassador for each location trained to assist their clients who are looking for jobs.
“This is a great opportunity for MDES to work with MDHS to empower more Mississippians to perform job searches, update resumes and gain access to training that prepares them for better paying jobs,” says Mark Henry, MDES executive director.
Mississippi Department of Human Services customers can expect to find e.WIN Access Points in MDHS locations in October, according to the two agencies.
For more information about e.WIN Access Points or other services available, visit mdes.ms.gov.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “State agencies partner to expand job search services”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip