Blanton returns to UM
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 9,2012
With more than 24 years of experience in military, corporate, political and nonprofit sector public relations, Danny N. Blanton has returned to the University of Mississippi as his alma mater’s director of media and public relations. His career path literally spans the globe and encompasses a wide spectrum of both military and civilian work experiences. Most recently, he was NATO’s public affairs adviser to the Afghan Ministry of Defense. Embedded in Afghanistan, he trained, advised and worked to develop and publish long-term strategic communications plans, event-specific public affairs goals and written Standard Operating Procedures and policies regarding communications efforts, media relations, community relations and humanitarian aid.
His other military experiences include serving as information operations officer for the 155th Brigade Combat Team in Iraq and with the 102nd Public Affairs Detachment in Bosnia. He was also an officer in the 155th Infantry Battalion during Operation Desert Storm and spent eight years as public affairs officer for the Mississippi Military Department.
Blanton’s corporate experience includes serving as nuclear communications manager for Entergy Corp. A former communications director for U.S. Sen. Trent Lott (R.-Miss.), Blanton has had extensive journalism/advertising experience with several Mississippi newspapers, including the Kosciusko Star-Herald, Brookhaven Daily Leader and Aberdeen Examiner.
Blanton’s wife, Caron, is communications director for the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments