Jackson made marshal
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 9,2012
The Hattiesburg Fire Department now has a new fire marshal, Johnny Jackson. The Hattiesburg American reports Jackson was promoted to the rank of battalion chief and affirmed as the fire marshal by the Hattiesburg Civil Service Commission. Fire chief David Webster said Jackson’s selection as fire marshal follows the June retirement of Andy Cartlidge, who held the position for almost six years.
Webster said Jackson was selected from a list of current battalion chiefs and battalion chief candidates for his personal skill set and what Webster described as Jackson’s likely overall ability to grasp the nuances of the position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager