Jackson made marshal
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 9,2012
The Hattiesburg Fire Department now has a new fire marshal, Johnny Jackson. The Hattiesburg American reports Jackson was promoted to the rank of battalion chief and affirmed as the fire marshal by the Hattiesburg Civil Service Commission. Fire chief David Webster said Jackson’s selection as fire marshal follows the June retirement of Andy Cartlidge, who held the position for almost six years.
Webster said Jackson was selected from a list of current battalion chiefs and battalion chief candidates for his personal skill set and what Webster described as Jackson’s likely overall ability to grasp the nuances of the position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn