Jackson made marshal
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 9,2012
The Hattiesburg Fire Department now has a new fire marshal, Johnny Jackson. The Hattiesburg American reports Jackson was promoted to the rank of battalion chief and affirmed as the fire marshal by the Hattiesburg Civil Service Commission. Fire chief David Webster said Jackson’s selection as fire marshal follows the June retirement of Andy Cartlidge, who held the position for almost six years.
Webster said Jackson was selected from a list of current battalion chiefs and battalion chief candidates for his personal skill set and what Webster described as Jackson’s likely overall ability to grasp the nuances of the position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again