Jackson made marshal
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 9,2012
The Hattiesburg Fire Department now has a new fire marshal, Johnny Jackson. The Hattiesburg American reports Jackson was promoted to the rank of battalion chief and affirmed as the fire marshal by the Hattiesburg Civil Service Commission. Fire chief David Webster said Jackson’s selection as fire marshal follows the June retirement of Andy Cartlidge, who held the position for almost six years.
Webster said Jackson was selected from a list of current battalion chiefs and battalion chief candidates for his personal skill set and what Webster described as Jackson’s likely overall ability to grasp the nuances of the position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'