Jackson made marshal
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 9,2012
The Hattiesburg Fire Department now has a new fire marshal, Johnny Jackson. The Hattiesburg American reports Jackson was promoted to the rank of battalion chief and affirmed as the fire marshal by the Hattiesburg Civil Service Commission. Fire chief David Webster said Jackson’s selection as fire marshal follows the June retirement of Andy Cartlidge, who held the position for almost six years.
Webster said Jackson was selected from a list of current battalion chiefs and battalion chief candidates for his personal skill set and what Webster described as Jackson’s likely overall ability to grasp the nuances of the position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training