BancorpSouth Insurance offers health care reform calculator
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 10,2012
GULFPORT — BancorpSouth Insurance Services Inc., a subsidiary of Tupelo-based BancorpSouth Bank, has released a health care reform calculator to help clients and partners quantify the financial impact of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) on their health plans.
With this new tool, BancorpSouth Insurance Services consultants will be able to provide financial modeling and project medical plan cost through 2018. This tool, originally developed by California-based insurance broker Barney & Barney LLC, will also allow users to predict the financial impact of various scenarios, such as whether the employer continues offering health care coverage, modifies or increases coverage or drops coverage altogether.
The calculator takes into account mandates, penalties, taxes and other considerations in the legislation that can prove costly for employers. The tool also has expansive capabilities around the pay-or-play provision, helping employers understand their exposure to employee eligibility issues related to state exchanges.
To learn more about the calculator, contact BancorpSouth Insurance Services at email@example.com or visit www.bxsi.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate