Metso expanding in Delta; adding 30-50 new jobs
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 10,2012
CLARKSDALE — Officials from Metso have announced the company is expanding operations at its Clarksdale facility, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA). The expansion is the result of the company’s decision to increase its conveyor component manufacturing operations at the Clarksdale facility.
MDA reports Metso, supplier of technology and services to customers in the process industries, is investing $4 million in the project and plans to create 30-50 new jobs; the Clarksdale facility currently employs 61 workers.
“These investments are done to strengthen our services business capabilities for our mining and construction customers. After a detailed study we saw clearly that Clarksdale was the best location for us,” said Pasi Jokela, senior vice president of Metso’s Mining and Construction business.
MDA provided assistance in support of the project to help Metso move equipment to the Clarksdale facility. Additionally, the agency provided assistance for renovations to the Clarksdale facility and for workforce training.
Metso is a global supplier of technology and services to customers in the process industries, including mining, construction, pulp and paper, power and oil and gas. The company employs 30,000 workers in more than 50 countries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Metso expanding in Delta; adding 30-50 new jobs”
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability