Bookkeeper accused of stealing more than $300K
Published: September 11,2012
PASS CHRISTIAN — A 47-year-old Pass Christian woman has been accused of embezzling more than $300,000 from her employer over a period of nearly two years.
The Sun Herald reports Harrison County sheriff’s investigators arrested Kathleen Sue Woods on an embezzlement charge.
Sheriff Melvin Brisolara said Woods was arrested following investigation of a complaint of missing money filed by an equipment company. Woods was a bookkeeper for the company.
The sheriff said the money disappeared from 2010 until sometime this year.
Blackmer Equipment in Long Beach filed the complaint on June 4.
Woods was booked at the county jail and released on a $50,000 bond.
It was unclear whether Woods had an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez