Bookkeeper accused of stealing more than $300K
Published: September 11,2012
PASS CHRISTIAN — A 47-year-old Pass Christian woman has been accused of embezzling more than $300,000 from her employer over a period of nearly two years.
The Sun Herald reports Harrison County sheriff’s investigators arrested Kathleen Sue Woods on an embezzlement charge.
Sheriff Melvin Brisolara said Woods was arrested following investigation of a complaint of missing money filed by an equipment company. Woods was a bookkeeper for the company.
The sheriff said the money disappeared from 2010 until sometime this year.
Blackmer Equipment in Long Beach filed the complaint on June 4.
Woods was booked at the county jail and released on a $50,000 bond.
It was unclear whether Woods had an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case