Bookkeeper accused of stealing more than $300K
by Associated Press
Published: September 11,2012
PASS CHRISTIAN — A 47-year-old Pass Christian woman has been accused of embezzling more than $300,000 from her employer over a period of nearly two years.
The Sun Herald reports Harrison County sheriff’s investigators arrested Kathleen Sue Woods on an embezzlement charge.
Sheriff Melvin Brisolara said Woods was arrested following investigation of a complaint of missing money filed by an equipment company. Woods was a bookkeeper for the company.
The sheriff said the money disappeared from 2010 until sometime this year.
Blackmer Equipment in Long Beach filed the complaint on June 4.
Woods was booked at the county jail and released on a $50,000 bond.
It was unclear whether Woods had an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015