Bookkeeper accused of stealing more than $300K
by Associated Press
Published: September 11,2012
PASS CHRISTIAN — A 47-year-old Pass Christian woman has been accused of embezzling more than $300,000 from her employer over a period of nearly two years.
The Sun Herald reports Harrison County sheriff’s investigators arrested Kathleen Sue Woods on an embezzlement charge.
Sheriff Melvin Brisolara said Woods was arrested following investigation of a complaint of missing money filed by an equipment company. Woods was a bookkeeper for the company.
The sheriff said the money disappeared from 2010 until sometime this year.
Blackmer Equipment in Long Beach filed the complaint on June 4.
Woods was booked at the county jail and released on a $50,000 bond.
It was unclear whether Woods had an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge