Corps awards levee contract to Bickerstaff Brothers
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2012
BATESVILLE — The Vicksburg District of the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers has awarded the contract for levee improvements in East Carroll and Concordia Parishes, La.
The contract was awarded to Bickerstaff Brothers Inc. of Batesville in the amount of $464,000 and consists of furnishing all plant, labor, materials and equipment for the construction.
The levee will be raised approximately one and a half feet to bring it up to current design standards.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Corps awards levee contract to Bickerstaff Brothers”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.