PSC levies largest civil penalty for No-Call law violations
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Public Service Commission (PSC) has issued a civil penalty of $5.7 million against Purchase Power Solutions, LCC, ELH Consulting, LCC, doing business as Proactive Planning Solutions, LLC and Lisa Miller.
Presley said that over 390 complaints had been filed at the PSC regarding alleged calls in violation of Mississippi Do-Not-Call law.
The fine represents the largest civil penalty ever issued by the PSC since the Do-Not-Call law was adopted.
“We are serious about enforcing the Mississippi Do-Not-Call law and protecting the people of our state from unwanted telemarketing calls,” said Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators