PSC levies largest civil penalty for No-Call law violations
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Public Service Commission (PSC) has issued a civil penalty of $5.7 million against Purchase Power Solutions, LCC, ELH Consulting, LCC, doing business as Proactive Planning Solutions, LLC and Lisa Miller.
Presley said that over 390 complaints had been filed at the PSC regarding alleged calls in violation of Mississippi Do-Not-Call law.
The fine represents the largest civil penalty ever issued by the PSC since the Do-Not-Call law was adopted.
“We are serious about enforcing the Mississippi Do-Not-Call law and protecting the people of our state from unwanted telemarketing calls,” said Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium