PSC levies largest civil penalty for No-Call law violations
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Public Service Commission (PSC) has issued a civil penalty of $5.7 million against Purchase Power Solutions, LCC, ELH Consulting, LCC, doing business as Proactive Planning Solutions, LLC and Lisa Miller.
Presley said that over 390 complaints had been filed at the PSC regarding alleged calls in violation of Mississippi Do-Not-Call law.
The fine represents the largest civil penalty ever issued by the PSC since the Do-Not-Call law was adopted.
“We are serious about enforcing the Mississippi Do-Not-Call law and protecting the people of our state from unwanted telemarketing calls,” said Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth