PSC levies largest civil penalty for No-Call law violations
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Public Service Commission (PSC) has issued a civil penalty of $5.7 million against Purchase Power Solutions, LCC, ELH Consulting, LCC, doing business as Proactive Planning Solutions, LLC and Lisa Miller.
Presley said that over 390 complaints had been filed at the PSC regarding alleged calls in violation of Mississippi Do-Not-Call law.
The fine represents the largest civil penalty ever issued by the PSC since the Do-Not-Call law was adopted.
“We are serious about enforcing the Mississippi Do-Not-Call law and protecting the people of our state from unwanted telemarketing calls,” said Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters