PSC levies largest civil penalty for No-Call law violations
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Public Service Commission (PSC) has issued a civil penalty of $5.7 million against Purchase Power Solutions, LCC, ELH Consulting, LCC, doing business as Proactive Planning Solutions, LLC and Lisa Miller.
Presley said that over 390 complaints had been filed at the PSC regarding alleged calls in violation of Mississippi Do-Not-Call law.
The fine represents the largest civil penalty ever issued by the PSC since the Do-Not-Call law was adopted.
“We are serious about enforcing the Mississippi Do-Not-Call law and protecting the people of our state from unwanted telemarketing calls,” said Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!