TVA wants feedback on proposed new transmission line
Published: September 11,2012
TUPELO — The Tennessee Valley Authority is proposing a new transmission line between Union and Lee counties.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the TVA will hold a public meeting on the project on Thursday at the BancorpSouth Conference Center in Tupelo to take public comment.
TVA is proposing a new transmission line between its Sherman and Saltillo substations. The Saltillo substation would connect to an existing 6.6 miles of transmission line ending at the Tupelo substation off U.S. Highway 45.
TVA says the new transmission line is would relieve possible overloading on existing lines.
TVA provides electricity for utility and business customers in Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky, Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia to a population of over 9 million people.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey