TVA wants feedback on proposed new transmission line
by Associated Press
Published: September 11,2012
TUPELO — The Tennessee Valley Authority is proposing a new transmission line between Union and Lee counties.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the TVA will hold a public meeting on the project on Thursday at the BancorpSouth Conference Center in Tupelo to take public comment.
TVA is proposing a new transmission line between its Sherman and Saltillo substations. The Saltillo substation would connect to an existing 6.6 miles of transmission line ending at the Tupelo substation off U.S. Highway 45.
TVA says the new transmission line is would relieve possible overloading on existing lines.
TVA provides electricity for utility and business customers in Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky, Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia to a population of over 9 million people.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects