TVA wants feedback on proposed new transmission line
by Associated Press
Published: September 11,2012
TUPELO — The Tennessee Valley Authority is proposing a new transmission line between Union and Lee counties.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the TVA will hold a public meeting on the project on Thursday at the BancorpSouth Conference Center in Tupelo to take public comment.
TVA is proposing a new transmission line between its Sherman and Saltillo substations. The Saltillo substation would connect to an existing 6.6 miles of transmission line ending at the Tupelo substation off U.S. Highway 45.
TVA says the new transmission line is would relieve possible overloading on existing lines.
TVA provides electricity for utility and business customers in Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky, Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia to a population of over 9 million people.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law