TVA wants feedback on proposed new transmission line
Published: September 11,2012
TUPELO — The Tennessee Valley Authority is proposing a new transmission line between Union and Lee counties.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the TVA will hold a public meeting on the project on Thursday at the BancorpSouth Conference Center in Tupelo to take public comment.
TVA is proposing a new transmission line between its Sherman and Saltillo substations. The Saltillo substation would connect to an existing 6.6 miles of transmission line ending at the Tupelo substation off U.S. Highway 45.
TVA says the new transmission line is would relieve possible overloading on existing lines.
TVA provides electricity for utility and business customers in Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky, Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia to a population of over 9 million people.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium