TVA wants feedback on proposed new transmission line
by Associated Press
Published: September 11,2012
TUPELO — The Tennessee Valley Authority is proposing a new transmission line between Union and Lee counties.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the TVA will hold a public meeting on the project on Thursday at the BancorpSouth Conference Center in Tupelo to take public comment.
TVA is proposing a new transmission line between its Sherman and Saltillo substations. The Saltillo substation would connect to an existing 6.6 miles of transmission line ending at the Tupelo substation off U.S. Highway 45.
TVA says the new transmission line is would relieve possible overloading on existing lines.
TVA provides electricity for utility and business customers in Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky, Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia to a population of over 9 million people.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month