Bayou Innovations chooses Ten Mile Industrial Park
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 12,2012
STONE COUNTY — Bayou Innovations, LLC has chosen Ten Mile Industrial Park, owned and managed by the Stone County Economic Development Partnership (EDP), as the location of its new facility.
Bayou Innovations purchased a five-acre parcel in the park, located south of Perkinston.
William Purvis, Bayou Innovations’ managing director, said the “pro-business attitude” of Stone County was one of the reasons the industrial park was selected.
Bayou Innovations develops, markets and coordinates distribution of specialty coating for automobiles, motorcycles and boats. Despite weakness in the coatings sector of the economy, Bayou Innovations has enjoyed rapid growth since 2008, according to the EDP. Once built — the projected opening date for early 2013 — the facility initially will be a distribution point for the company.
“Distribution facilities are one of our target industries identified in the recent ‘Accelerate to 2060’ study of Stone and Harrison counties,” said Jay Paul Gumm, EDP executive director. “Bayou Innovations will be a welcomed addition to the Ten Mile Industrial Park and Stone County. This is great news for our county and really sets the stage for continued growth as the economy, hopefully, awakens from its long slumber.”
EDP reports a recent move by its board of directors to increase water capacity at Ten Mile Industrial Park was the key incentive to bring Bayou Innovations to the county. In cooperation with both the Stone County Utility Authority and Sunflower Utility Association, the EDP is building a new 10-inch water line that will provide sufficient flow for enhanced fire protection in the park.
The Bayou Innovations announcement comes on the heels of recent news that Atco Rubber Company is reopening the old “pickle factory” in Stone County at Wiggins. Atco previously manufactured air conditioning ductwork at the facility and is planning to once again produce the building material with a small crew.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Bayou Innovations chooses Ten Mile Industrial Park”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal