UM incoming freshmen set record on entrance exam
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 12,2012
OXFORD — Incoming freshmen at the University of Mississippi have set a new record on the ACT college entrance exam.
The average ACT scores (which include converted SAT scores) for incoming freshmen at Ole Miss for the fall 2012 semester hit 23.9, a record high for the university, school officials report. This figure is 0.4 points higher than the fall 2011 average score of 23.5 and 0.6 points higher than the 23.3 average in fall 2010.
“Over time, the data shows that our incoming average ACT is increasing, and a growing percentage of the freshman class has higher ACT scores,” said Noel Wilkin, UM associate provost. “This year is our biggest jump in that percentage in looking at the past five years.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41