UM incoming freshmen set record on entrance exam
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 12,2012
OXFORD — Incoming freshmen at the University of Mississippi have set a new record on the ACT college entrance exam.
The average ACT scores (which include converted SAT scores) for incoming freshmen at Ole Miss for the fall 2012 semester hit 23.9, a record high for the university, school officials report. This figure is 0.4 points higher than the fall 2011 average score of 23.5 and 0.6 points higher than the 23.3 average in fall 2010.
“Over time, the data shows that our incoming average ACT is increasing, and a growing percentage of the freshman class has higher ACT scores,” said Noel Wilkin, UM associate provost. “This year is our biggest jump in that percentage in looking at the past five years.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson
- Supermarket incentives for distressed communities die in House