Clerks fires four deputies; fifth leaves with others
Published: September 13,2012
PONTOTOC — Pontotoc County Chancery Court Clerk Gary Moorman has fired four of the five deputy clerks that work directly under him.
Moorman tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the four deputies clerks were told Monday to clear their desks.
He says a fifth clerk walked out with the others.
Moorman did not discuss why the firings took place saying he was not prepared to make any statements other than to say that he believed the decision he made was “for the good of the county.”
Moorman said the day-to-day operations of the clerk’s office are being handled by people from other counties until he can fill the staff positions. He said he did not have anyone in mind to fill the positions.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'