Clerks fires four deputies; fifth leaves with others
Published: September 13,2012
PONTOTOC — Pontotoc County Chancery Court Clerk Gary Moorman has fired four of the five deputy clerks that work directly under him.
Moorman tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the four deputies clerks were told Monday to clear their desks.
He says a fifth clerk walked out with the others.
Moorman did not discuss why the firings took place saying he was not prepared to make any statements other than to say that he believed the decision he made was “for the good of the county.”
Moorman said the day-to-day operations of the clerk’s office are being handled by people from other counties until he can fill the staff positions. He said he did not have anyone in mind to fill the positions.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015