Clerks fires four deputies; fifth leaves with others
by Associated Press
Published: September 13,2012
PONTOTOC — Pontotoc County Chancery Court Clerk Gary Moorman has fired four of the five deputy clerks that work directly under him.
Moorman tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the four deputies clerks were told Monday to clear their desks.
He says a fifth clerk walked out with the others.
Moorman did not discuss why the firings took place saying he was not prepared to make any statements other than to say that he believed the decision he made was “for the good of the county.”
Moorman said the day-to-day operations of the clerk’s office are being handled by people from other counties until he can fill the staff positions. He said he did not have anyone in mind to fill the positions.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip