Clerks fires four deputies; fifth leaves with others
by Associated Press
Published: September 13,2012
PONTOTOC — Pontotoc County Chancery Court Clerk Gary Moorman has fired four of the five deputy clerks that work directly under him.
Moorman tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the four deputies clerks were told Monday to clear their desks.
He says a fifth clerk walked out with the others.
Moorman did not discuss why the firings took place saying he was not prepared to make any statements other than to say that he believed the decision he made was “for the good of the county.”
Moorman said the day-to-day operations of the clerk’s office are being handled by people from other counties until he can fill the staff positions. He said he did not have anyone in mind to fill the positions.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability