Clerks fires four deputies; fifth leaves with others
Published: September 13,2012
PONTOTOC — Pontotoc County Chancery Court Clerk Gary Moorman has fired four of the five deputy clerks that work directly under him.
Moorman tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the four deputies clerks were told Monday to clear their desks.
He says a fifth clerk walked out with the others.
Moorman did not discuss why the firings took place saying he was not prepared to make any statements other than to say that he believed the decision he made was “for the good of the county.”
Moorman said the day-to-day operations of the clerk’s office are being handled by people from other counties until he can fill the staff positions. He said he did not have anyone in mind to fill the positions.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing