BankPlus presents six-digit gift to MSU-Meridian
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 14,2012
MERIDIAN — A $150,000 gift from BankPlus is assisting Mississippi State University-Meridian in advancing education for business majors by helping ensure facilities and technology updates for the downtown location.
The gift establishes an endowment to maintain, in perpetuity, the Newberry Building and its instructional technology. A historical landmark adjacent to the MSU Riley Center, the facility houses Division of Business classrooms and offices.
It also enabled the purchase of a stock ticker for the Newberry lobby, allowing students and faculty access to the latest financial information.
“The generosity of BankPlus allows MSU-Meridian to benefit from much-needed financial support to ensure our campus turns out graduates who will become valuable members of the workforce,” said Steven F. Brown, dean and associate vice president. “
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015