BankPlus presents six-digit gift to MSU-Meridian
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 14,2012
MERIDIAN — A $150,000 gift from BankPlus is assisting Mississippi State University-Meridian in advancing education for business majors by helping ensure facilities and technology updates for the downtown location.
The gift establishes an endowment to maintain, in perpetuity, the Newberry Building and its instructional technology. A historical landmark adjacent to the MSU Riley Center, the facility houses Division of Business classrooms and offices.
It also enabled the purchase of a stock ticker for the Newberry lobby, allowing students and faculty access to the latest financial information.
“The generosity of BankPlus allows MSU-Meridian to benefit from much-needed financial support to ensure our campus turns out graduates who will become valuable members of the workforce,” said Steven F. Brown, dean and associate vice president. “
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast