BankPlus presents six-digit gift to MSU-Meridian
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 14,2012
MERIDIAN — A $150,000 gift from BankPlus is assisting Mississippi State University-Meridian in advancing education for business majors by helping ensure facilities and technology updates for the downtown location.
The gift establishes an endowment to maintain, in perpetuity, the Newberry Building and its instructional technology. A historical landmark adjacent to the MSU Riley Center, the facility houses Division of Business classrooms and offices.
It also enabled the purchase of a stock ticker for the Newberry lobby, allowing students and faculty access to the latest financial information.
“The generosity of BankPlus allows MSU-Meridian to benefit from much-needed financial support to ensure our campus turns out graduates who will become valuable members of the workforce,” said Steven F. Brown, dean and associate vice president. “
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi