BankPlus presents six-digit gift to MSU-Meridian
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 14,2012
MERIDIAN — A $150,000 gift from BankPlus is assisting Mississippi State University-Meridian in advancing education for business majors by helping ensure facilities and technology updates for the downtown location.
The gift establishes an endowment to maintain, in perpetuity, the Newberry Building and its instructional technology. A historical landmark adjacent to the MSU Riley Center, the facility houses Division of Business classrooms and offices.
It also enabled the purchase of a stock ticker for the Newberry lobby, allowing students and faculty access to the latest financial information.
“The generosity of BankPlus allows MSU-Meridian to benefit from much-needed financial support to ensure our campus turns out graduates who will become valuable members of the workforce,” said Steven F. Brown, dean and associate vice president. “
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound