BankPlus presents six-digit gift to MSU-Meridian
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 14,2012
MERIDIAN — A $150,000 gift from BankPlus is assisting Mississippi State University-Meridian in advancing education for business majors by helping ensure facilities and technology updates for the downtown location.
The gift establishes an endowment to maintain, in perpetuity, the Newberry Building and its instructional technology. A historical landmark adjacent to the MSU Riley Center, the facility houses Division of Business classrooms and offices.
It also enabled the purchase of a stock ticker for the Newberry lobby, allowing students and faculty access to the latest financial information.
“The generosity of BankPlus allows MSU-Meridian to benefit from much-needed financial support to ensure our campus turns out graduates who will become valuable members of the workforce,” said Steven F. Brown, dean and associate vice president. “
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail