Secretary LaHood to visit State Port next week
Published: September 14,2012
GULFPORT — U.S. Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood is expected to visit the Port of Gulfport next Tuesday.
Executive director Don Allee tells The Sun Herald LaHood’s office contacted the port, saying he would be in the region and asking if a visit could be arranged. He will have about an hour for the visit.
Allee said details are still being worked out. He said port officials hope to fill in LaHood on the port business and expansion plans, and to hear about national transportation strategies.
The port is undergoing an 84-acre West Pier expansion to serve four current tenants and offer space to a fifth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study