Secretary LaHood to visit State Port next week
by Associated Press
Published: September 14,2012
GULFPORT — U.S. Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood is expected to visit the Port of Gulfport next Tuesday.
Executive director Don Allee tells The Sun Herald LaHood’s office contacted the port, saying he would be in the region and asking if a visit could be arranged. He will have about an hour for the visit.
Allee said details are still being worked out. He said port officials hope to fill in LaHood on the port business and expansion plans, and to hear about national transportation strategies.
The port is undergoing an 84-acre West Pier expansion to serve four current tenants and offer space to a fifth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center