Secretary LaHood to visit State Port next week
by Associated Press
Published: September 14,2012
GULFPORT — U.S. Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood is expected to visit the Port of Gulfport next Tuesday.
Executive director Don Allee tells The Sun Herald LaHood’s office contacted the port, saying he would be in the region and asking if a visit could be arranged. He will have about an hour for the visit.
Allee said details are still being worked out. He said port officials hope to fill in LaHood on the port business and expansion plans, and to hear about national transportation strategies.
The port is undergoing an 84-acre West Pier expansion to serve four current tenants and offer space to a fifth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Woman pleads not guilty to murder in second buttocks-enhancement case
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions