Secretary LaHood to visit State Port next week
Published: September 14,2012
GULFPORT — U.S. Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood is expected to visit the Port of Gulfport next Tuesday.
Executive director Don Allee tells The Sun Herald LaHood’s office contacted the port, saying he would be in the region and asking if a visit could be arranged. He will have about an hour for the visit.
Allee said details are still being worked out. He said port officials hope to fill in LaHood on the port business and expansion plans, and to hear about national transportation strategies.
The port is undergoing an 84-acre West Pier expansion to serve four current tenants and offer space to a fifth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money