Secretary LaHood to visit State Port next week
Published: September 14,2012
GULFPORT — U.S. Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood is expected to visit the Port of Gulfport next Tuesday.
Executive director Don Allee tells The Sun Herald LaHood’s office contacted the port, saying he would be in the region and asking if a visit could be arranged. He will have about an hour for the visit.
Allee said details are still being worked out. He said port officials hope to fill in LaHood on the port business and expansion plans, and to hear about national transportation strategies.
The port is undergoing an 84-acre West Pier expansion to serve four current tenants and offer space to a fifth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project