Community promotes Weir
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 15,2012
Community Bancshares Inc. has promoted Simon Weir to president and CEO of Community Bank, North Mississippi and elected him to the bank’s board of directors. He has been with Community Bank since 1998, most recently holding the title of DeSoto County Division president. This new position entails executive-level management of the Community Bank offices located in Indianola, Tupelo, Amory, Southaven, Hernando, Olive Branch and Memphis, Tenn.
Active in the community, Weir serves on numerous civic committees and economic councils and most recently was appointed by Gov. Phil Bryant to the Mississippi State Board of Education.
Weir is a graduate of Mississippi State University with a bachelors of science in education. He is also a graduate of the Southeastern School of Commercial Lending at Vanderbilt and the Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions