Community promotes Weir
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 15,2012
Community Bancshares Inc. has promoted Simon Weir to president and CEO of Community Bank, North Mississippi and elected him to the bank’s board of directors. He has been with Community Bank since 1998, most recently holding the title of DeSoto County Division president. This new position entails executive-level management of the Community Bank offices located in Indianola, Tupelo, Amory, Southaven, Hernando, Olive Branch and Memphis, Tenn.
Active in the community, Weir serves on numerous civic committees and economic councils and most recently was appointed by Gov. Phil Bryant to the Mississippi State Board of Education.
Weir is a graduate of Mississippi State University with a bachelors of science in education. He is also a graduate of the Southeastern School of Commercial Lending at Vanderbilt and the Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities