Community promotes Weir
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 15,2012
Community Bancshares Inc. has promoted Simon Weir to president and CEO of Community Bank, North Mississippi and elected him to the bank’s board of directors. He has been with Community Bank since 1998, most recently holding the title of DeSoto County Division president. This new position entails executive-level management of the Community Bank offices located in Indianola, Tupelo, Amory, Southaven, Hernando, Olive Branch and Memphis, Tenn.
Active in the community, Weir serves on numerous civic committees and economic councils and most recently was appointed by Gov. Phil Bryant to the Mississippi State Board of Education.
Weir is a graduate of Mississippi State University with a bachelors of science in education. He is also a graduate of the Southeastern School of Commercial Lending at Vanderbilt and the Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion