Community promotes Weir
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 15,2012
Community Bancshares Inc. has promoted Simon Weir to president and CEO of Community Bank, North Mississippi and elected him to the bank’s board of directors. He has been with Community Bank since 1998, most recently holding the title of DeSoto County Division president. This new position entails executive-level management of the Community Bank offices located in Indianola, Tupelo, Amory, Southaven, Hernando, Olive Branch and Memphis, Tenn.
Active in the community, Weir serves on numerous civic committees and economic councils and most recently was appointed by Gov. Phil Bryant to the Mississippi State Board of Education.
Weir is a graduate of Mississippi State University with a bachelors of science in education. He is also a graduate of the Southeastern School of Commercial Lending at Vanderbilt and the Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators