Community promotes Weir
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 15,2012
Community Bancshares Inc. has promoted Simon Weir to president and CEO of Community Bank, North Mississippi and elected him to the bank’s board of directors. He has been with Community Bank since 1998, most recently holding the title of DeSoto County Division president. This new position entails executive-level management of the Community Bank offices located in Indianola, Tupelo, Amory, Southaven, Hernando, Olive Branch and Memphis, Tenn.
Active in the community, Weir serves on numerous civic committees and economic councils and most recently was appointed by Gov. Phil Bryant to the Mississippi State Board of Education.
Weir is a graduate of Mississippi State University with a bachelors of science in education. He is also a graduate of the Southeastern School of Commercial Lending at Vanderbilt and the Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium