Neel elected V.P.
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 16,2012
W. Hibbett Neel Jr., P.E., FITE, was recently elected vice president of the Institute of Transportation Engineers. Neel will serve as a member of the Executive Committee, helping to shape ITE’s priorities and strategic direction. He will also act as a representative for ITE to both members and the public.
Neel is the president of Neel-Schaffer Inc. in Jackson, which he co-founded in 1983. Neel is responsible for strategic planning and direction of the firm’s activities.
Neel has been a member of ITE for over 40 years, participating in the board of direction from 1994-1996 and serving as the Transportation Consultants Council chair from 2006-2008. He also served on the Transportation Expert Witness Executive Committee from 1998-2008 and been a member of the Traffic Engineering Council since 1998. He has served on numerous ITE committees, including Southern District 5 representative, on the Budget, Group Membership, Headquarters Location and Executive Director’s Incentive-based Compensation Committee; chairman of the Ethics Task Force 1997-2002; chairman of the Policy and Legislative Committee 2004-2006; and, chairman of the Recruitment, Retention, Reactivation (3R) Committee 2006-2007.
At the local level, Neel has been actively involved with the ITE Southern District. He co-founded the Deep South Division (Section) and served as its first president in 1975. He also held all the offices of the Southern Section (District) between 1982-1985.
In 2011 Neel received the Burton W. Marsh Distinguished Service Award. In 2010 he was the recipient of the Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership Mississippi, Pat Yarborough Community Service Award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015