SRHS brings in Wurstner
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 16,2012
Singing River Health System recently welcomed Judy Wurstner, RN, BSN, MSM, as chief nursing officer. She began serving in this role September 2011 as interim CNO and was named to the position in July. She brings more than 35 years of nursing leadership with her to SRHS.
Wurstner has associate’s and bachelor’s degrees in nursing and a master’s degree in management. Before moving to Mississippi, she served in various nursing leadership roles, including as the CNO at hospitals in Fort Walton Beach, Fla., and Dallas, Texas. While in Dallas, she served as administrator of ambulatory and diagnostic services, where she was over operations of the non-nursing clinical areas as well, which gives her a diverse background in overall hospital operations.
She started with SRHS as vice president of surgical services.
Wurstner will be responsible for all nursing operations at both Singing River Hospital and Ocean Springs Hospital in collaboration with service line vice presidents.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years