SRHS brings in Wurstner
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 16,2012
Singing River Health System recently welcomed Judy Wurstner, RN, BSN, MSM, as chief nursing officer. She began serving in this role September 2011 as interim CNO and was named to the position in July. She brings more than 35 years of nursing leadership with her to SRHS.
Wurstner has associate’s and bachelor’s degrees in nursing and a master’s degree in management. Before moving to Mississippi, she served in various nursing leadership roles, including as the CNO at hospitals in Fort Walton Beach, Fla., and Dallas, Texas. While in Dallas, she served as administrator of ambulatory and diagnostic services, where she was over operations of the non-nursing clinical areas as well, which gives her a diverse background in overall hospital operations.
She started with SRHS as vice president of surgical services.
Wurstner will be responsible for all nursing operations at both Singing River Hospital and Ocean Springs Hospital in collaboration with service line vice presidents.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public