SRHS brings in Wurstner
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 16,2012
Singing River Health System recently welcomed Judy Wurstner, RN, BSN, MSM, as chief nursing officer. She began serving in this role September 2011 as interim CNO and was named to the position in July. She brings more than 35 years of nursing leadership with her to SRHS.
Wurstner has associate’s and bachelor’s degrees in nursing and a master’s degree in management. Before moving to Mississippi, she served in various nursing leadership roles, including as the CNO at hospitals in Fort Walton Beach, Fla., and Dallas, Texas. While in Dallas, she served as administrator of ambulatory and diagnostic services, where she was over operations of the non-nursing clinical areas as well, which gives her a diverse background in overall hospital operations.
She started with SRHS as vice president of surgical services.
Wurstner will be responsible for all nursing operations at both Singing River Hospital and Ocean Springs Hospital in collaboration with service line vice presidents.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions