SRHS brings in Wurstner
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 16,2012
Singing River Health System recently welcomed Judy Wurstner, RN, BSN, MSM, as chief nursing officer. She began serving in this role September 2011 as interim CNO and was named to the position in July. She brings more than 35 years of nursing leadership with her to SRHS.
Wurstner has associate’s and bachelor’s degrees in nursing and a master’s degree in management. Before moving to Mississippi, she served in various nursing leadership roles, including as the CNO at hospitals in Fort Walton Beach, Fla., and Dallas, Texas. While in Dallas, she served as administrator of ambulatory and diagnostic services, where she was over operations of the non-nursing clinical areas as well, which gives her a diverse background in overall hospital operations.
She started with SRHS as vice president of surgical services.
Wurstner will be responsible for all nursing operations at both Singing River Hospital and Ocean Springs Hospital in collaboration with service line vice presidents.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State