Supervisors select Lynchard
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 16,2012
The DeSoto Board of Supervisors named staff veteran Vanessa Lynchard as county administrator.
Lynchard succeeds Michael Garriga, who departed the county post Aug. 16.
The Commercial Appeal reports Lynchard has been a county employee since 1995 and administrative services and procurement chief since 1996. She assumed duties as interim county administrator Aug. 6 but had said she wasn’t interested in the daunting job on a permanent basis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues
- State's casinos took in more winnings in October