Supervisors select Lynchard
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 16,2012
The DeSoto Board of Supervisors named staff veteran Vanessa Lynchard as county administrator.
Lynchard succeeds Michael Garriga, who departed the county post Aug. 16.
The Commercial Appeal reports Lynchard has been a county employee since 1995 and administrative services and procurement chief since 1996. She assumed duties as interim county administrator Aug. 6 but had said she wasn’t interested in the daunting job on a permanent basis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement