Supervisors select Lynchard
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 16,2012
The DeSoto Board of Supervisors named staff veteran Vanessa Lynchard as county administrator.
Lynchard succeeds Michael Garriga, who departed the county post Aug. 16.
The Commercial Appeal reports Lynchard has been a county employee since 1995 and administrative services and procurement chief since 1996. She assumed duties as interim county administrator Aug. 6 but had said she wasn’t interested in the daunting job on a permanent basis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Nullification and interposition
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions