Supervisors select Lynchard
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 16,2012
The DeSoto Board of Supervisors named staff veteran Vanessa Lynchard as county administrator.
Lynchard succeeds Michael Garriga, who departed the county post Aug. 16.
The Commercial Appeal reports Lynchard has been a county employee since 1995 and administrative services and procurement chief since 1996. She assumed duties as interim county administrator Aug. 6 but had said she wasn’t interested in the daunting job on a permanent basis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal