Ayrshire Electronics adding new jobs in Corinth
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2012
CORINTH — Ayrshire Electronics, a full-service, privately held electronics manufacturing firm, is expanding operations at its Corinth facility. The expansion, Ayrshire’s second in four years in Mississippi, adds 15 new jobs at the company’s Alcorn County plant earlier this summer.
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) provided assistance in support of the project for the rehabilitation of an existing HVAC unit. The Alcorn County Board of Supervisors and The Alliance assisted with the project, as well.
In October 2008, Ayrshire acquired the former ACT Electronics’ Corinth plant after ACT announced its plans to close the facility and eliminate 200 jobs. With the assistance of MDA and local officials, Ayrshire moved quickly to acquire the assets of ACT Electronics’ Corinth operation and retain all of ACT’s full-time employees.
Louisville, Ky.,-based Ayrshire Electronics is an lectronic manufacturing services company offering end-to-end manufacturing solutions from printed circuit assembly to complex systems integration, final configuration, test and distribution.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau