Ayrshire Electronics adding new jobs in Corinth
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2012
CORINTH — Ayrshire Electronics, a full-service, privately held electronics manufacturing firm, is expanding operations at its Corinth facility. The expansion, Ayrshire’s second in four years in Mississippi, adds 15 new jobs at the company’s Alcorn County plant earlier this summer.
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) provided assistance in support of the project for the rehabilitation of an existing HVAC unit. The Alcorn County Board of Supervisors and The Alliance assisted with the project, as well.
In October 2008, Ayrshire acquired the former ACT Electronics’ Corinth plant after ACT announced its plans to close the facility and eliminate 200 jobs. With the assistance of MDA and local officials, Ayrshire moved quickly to acquire the assets of ACT Electronics’ Corinth operation and retain all of ACT’s full-time employees.
Louisville, Ky.,-based Ayrshire Electronics is an lectronic manufacturing services company offering end-to-end manufacturing solutions from printed circuit assembly to complex systems integration, final configuration, test and distribution.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities