Ayrshire Electronics adding new jobs in Corinth
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2012
CORINTH — Ayrshire Electronics, a full-service, privately held electronics manufacturing firm, is expanding operations at its Corinth facility. The expansion, Ayrshire’s second in four years in Mississippi, adds 15 new jobs at the company’s Alcorn County plant earlier this summer.
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) provided assistance in support of the project for the rehabilitation of an existing HVAC unit. The Alcorn County Board of Supervisors and The Alliance assisted with the project, as well.
In October 2008, Ayrshire acquired the former ACT Electronics’ Corinth plant after ACT announced its plans to close the facility and eliminate 200 jobs. With the assistance of MDA and local officials, Ayrshire moved quickly to acquire the assets of ACT Electronics’ Corinth operation and retain all of ACT’s full-time employees.
Louisville, Ky.,-based Ayrshire Electronics is an lectronic manufacturing services company offering end-to-end manufacturing solutions from printed circuit assembly to complex systems integration, final configuration, test and distribution.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter