Ayrshire Electronics adding new jobs in Corinth
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2012
CORINTH — Ayrshire Electronics, a full-service, privately held electronics manufacturing firm, is expanding operations at its Corinth facility. The expansion, Ayrshire’s second in four years in Mississippi, adds 15 new jobs at the company’s Alcorn County plant earlier this summer.
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) provided assistance in support of the project for the rehabilitation of an existing HVAC unit. The Alcorn County Board of Supervisors and The Alliance assisted with the project, as well.
In October 2008, Ayrshire acquired the former ACT Electronics’ Corinth plant after ACT announced its plans to close the facility and eliminate 200 jobs. With the assistance of MDA and local officials, Ayrshire moved quickly to acquire the assets of ACT Electronics’ Corinth operation and retain all of ACT’s full-time employees.
Louisville, Ky.,-based Ayrshire Electronics is an lectronic manufacturing services company offering end-to-end manufacturing solutions from printed circuit assembly to complex systems integration, final configuration, test and distribution.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar