Wicks’n’More candle factory goes up in flames
Published: September 19,2012
MOOREVILLE — A candle factory in Northeast Mississippi has been destroyed by fire.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the Wicks’n’More factory in Mooreville burned yesterday morning.
Mooreville firefighters, along with help from other volunteer departments, fought the blaze from around 2 a.m. until 9 a.m. yesterday.
Mooreville Fire Chief Ron White says the building was half burned when they received the call and the building was eventually consumed by the fire.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015