Full House approved to own Silver Slipper’s license
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 21,2012
Tags: approve, casino, commission, convention, entertainment, food, gamble, gambler, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotel, license, lodging, meeting, night life, restaurant, state agency, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
BAY ST. LOUIS — According to Las Vegas-based Full House Resorts, the Mississippi Gaming Commission has approved the company to own a Mississippi gaming licensee.
The finding of suitability should enable the company to close on its acquisition of the Silver Slipper Casino Venture, LLC, the entity operating the Silver Slipper Casino in Bay St. Louis Oct. 1, the company reports in a release.
“We want to thank the Mississippi Gaming Commission staff for their professionalism and the expeditious manner in approving us to own a Mississippi licensee, and we are now only a few days away from closing on the Silver Slipper Casino,” said Andre M. Hilliou, chairman and CEO of Full House. “We have already received our necessary financing commitments, and we are excited to be bringing the Silver Slipper property and team members into the Full House family.”
Full House owns the Rising Star Casino Resort in Rising Sun, Ind. The company also operates the Grand Lodge Casino at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino in Incline Village, Nev., on the north shore of Lake Tahoe under a five-year lease agreement with the Hyatt organization, and has a management agreement with the Pueblo of Pojoaque for the operations of the Buffalo Thunder Casino and Resort in Santa Fe, N.M., along with the Pueblo’s Cities of Gold and Sports Bar casino facilities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring