Judge asks MDWF&P for list of Collins Zoo’s violations
Published: September 21,2012
COLLINS — A Covington County Justice Court Judge has asked the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks to create a comprehensive list of state regulation violations at the Collins Zoo and submit the list within 30 days.
Judge Bobby Wayne Mooney said he would give the zoo owners six months from receiving the list to make appropriate improvements to the facility. Then, after the six months, he would rule whether animals seized in a Jan. 25 raid would be returned.
Mooney said the numerous citations written to owners Gus and Betty White would await disposition until the end of the six-month period.
The Hattiesburg American reports a January seizure netted several tigers, wolf hybrids, leopards, cougars and a Rhesus macaque.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey