Judge asks MDWF&P for list of Collins Zoo’s violations
by Associated Press
Published: September 21,2012
COLLINS — A Covington County Justice Court Judge has asked the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks to create a comprehensive list of state regulation violations at the Collins Zoo and submit the list within 30 days.
Judge Bobby Wayne Mooney said he would give the zoo owners six months from receiving the list to make appropriate improvements to the facility. Then, after the six months, he would rule whether animals seized in a Jan. 25 raid would be returned.
Mooney said the numerous citations written to owners Gus and Betty White would await disposition until the end of the six-month period.
The Hattiesburg American reports a January seizure netted several tigers, wolf hybrids, leopards, cougars and a Rhesus macaque.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Stacey Pickering wins Patriot Award
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound