Zachry buys former D&Z plant; hires ex-workers
Published: September 21,2012
Tags: acquire, acquisition, employee, employment, fabricate, fabrication, facility, industrial real estate, land, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, pipe, piping, plant, property, purchase, vessel, work, worker
MOSS POINT — Zachry Holdings Inc. has purchased Day and Zimmerman’s industrial fabrication plant in Moss Point.
The 140,000-square-foot plant produces piping systems and vessels for large projects in power, petrochemical, refining, forest products and other markets
George Freeland, executive director of Jackson County Economic Development Foundation, tells the Sun Herald the company has hired all 62 D&Z employees and plans to expand the plant in the next several years, creating additional jobs.
Zachry executive vice president Kirk McDonald said the area is ideal for the firm’s plans to grow the plant. Zachry also holds a maintenance contract with Pascagoula Chevron Refinery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House