Zachry buys former D&Z plant; hires ex-workers
Published: September 21,2012
Tags: acquire, acquisition, employee, employment, fabricate, fabrication, facility, industrial real estate, land, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, pipe, piping, plant, property, purchase, vessel, work, worker
MOSS POINT — Zachry Holdings Inc. has purchased Day and Zimmerman’s industrial fabrication plant in Moss Point.
The 140,000-square-foot plant produces piping systems and vessels for large projects in power, petrochemical, refining, forest products and other markets
George Freeland, executive director of Jackson County Economic Development Foundation, tells the Sun Herald the company has hired all 62 D&Z employees and plans to expand the plant in the next several years, creating additional jobs.
Zachry executive vice president Kirk McDonald said the area is ideal for the firm’s plans to grow the plant. Zachry also holds a maintenance contract with Pascagoula Chevron Refinery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials