Zachry buys former D&Z plant; hires ex-workers
Published: September 21,2012
Tags: acquire, acquisition, employee, employment, fabricate, fabrication, facility, industrial real estate, land, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, pipe, piping, plant, property, purchase, vessel, work, worker
MOSS POINT — Zachry Holdings Inc. has purchased Day and Zimmerman’s industrial fabrication plant in Moss Point.
The 140,000-square-foot plant produces piping systems and vessels for large projects in power, petrochemical, refining, forest products and other markets
George Freeland, executive director of Jackson County Economic Development Foundation, tells the Sun Herald the company has hired all 62 D&Z employees and plans to expand the plant in the next several years, creating additional jobs.
Zachry executive vice president Kirk McDonald said the area is ideal for the firm’s plans to grow the plant. Zachry also holds a maintenance contract with Pascagoula Chevron Refinery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program