Zachry buys former D&Z plant; hires ex-workers
Published: September 21,2012
Tags: acquire, acquisition, employee, employment, fabricate, fabrication, facility, industrial real estate, land, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, pipe, piping, plant, property, purchase, vessel, work, worker
MOSS POINT — Zachry Holdings Inc. has purchased Day and Zimmerman’s industrial fabrication plant in Moss Point.
The 140,000-square-foot plant produces piping systems and vessels for large projects in power, petrochemical, refining, forest products and other markets
George Freeland, executive director of Jackson County Economic Development Foundation, tells the Sun Herald the company has hired all 62 D&Z employees and plans to expand the plant in the next several years, creating additional jobs.
Zachry executive vice president Kirk McDonald said the area is ideal for the firm’s plans to grow the plant. Zachry also holds a maintenance contract with Pascagoula Chevron Refinery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators