Zachry buys former D&Z plant; hires ex-workers
Published: September 21,2012
Tags: acquire, acquisition, employee, employment, fabricate, fabrication, facility, industrial real estate, land, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, pipe, piping, plant, property, purchase, vessel, work, worker
MOSS POINT — Zachry Holdings Inc. has purchased Day and Zimmerman’s industrial fabrication plant in Moss Point.
The 140,000-square-foot plant produces piping systems and vessels for large projects in power, petrochemical, refining, forest products and other markets
George Freeland, executive director of Jackson County Economic Development Foundation, tells the Sun Herald the company has hired all 62 D&Z employees and plans to expand the plant in the next several years, creating additional jobs.
Zachry executive vice president Kirk McDonald said the area is ideal for the firm’s plans to grow the plant. Zachry also holds a maintenance contract with Pascagoula Chevron Refinery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino