Airport lands Grant
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 23,2012
Draylan Gant is the new director of Greenville Mid-Delta Airport. In a special session of the City Council, the Council interviewed two finalists for the position and voted unanimously to hire Gant, according to the Mayor’s Office.
Born and raised in Jennings, La., Gant was the executive assistant at the Lake Charles Regional Airport. He is a graduate of Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, La., where he studied aviation management and business administration.
Before being executive assistant, Gant served as an ARFF crewman, aircraft dispatcher and manager’s trainee.
He is a member of Louisiana Airport Managers and Associates, where he manages the organization’s website administrator and is a Scholarship Committee member.
Gant is finishing up his MBA at McNeese State University in Lake Charles, La. He is an avid fisher, hunter, tennis player and college football fan.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015