Airport lands Grant
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 23,2012
Draylan Gant is the new director of Greenville Mid-Delta Airport. In a special session of the City Council, the Council interviewed two finalists for the position and voted unanimously to hire Gant, according to the Mayor’s Office.
Born and raised in Jennings, La., Gant was the executive assistant at the Lake Charles Regional Airport. He is a graduate of Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, La., where he studied aviation management and business administration.
Before being executive assistant, Gant served as an ARFF crewman, aircraft dispatcher and manager’s trainee.
He is a member of Louisiana Airport Managers and Associates, where he manages the organization’s website administrator and is a Scholarship Committee member.
Gant is finishing up his MBA at McNeese State University in Lake Charles, La. He is an avid fisher, hunter, tennis player and college football fan.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season