Airport lands Grant
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 23,2012
Draylan Gant is the new director of Greenville Mid-Delta Airport. In a special session of the City Council, the Council interviewed two finalists for the position and voted unanimously to hire Gant, according to the Mayor’s Office.
Born and raised in Jennings, La., Gant was the executive assistant at the Lake Charles Regional Airport. He is a graduate of Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, La., where he studied aviation management and business administration.
Before being executive assistant, Gant served as an ARFF crewman, aircraft dispatcher and manager’s trainee.
He is a member of Louisiana Airport Managers and Associates, where he manages the organization’s website administrator and is a Scholarship Committee member.
Gant is finishing up his MBA at McNeese State University in Lake Charles, La. He is an avid fisher, hunter, tennis player and college football fan.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy