Association picks Oleis
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 23,2012
The Delta State University Alumni Association has named Cheryl Oleis as senior secretary for alumni affairs. A Delta State employee for the past 19 years, Oleis began working for the campus police department but is most recognized for her service as a recruiting specialist for the Robert E. Smith School of Nursing. A graduate of Warren Central High School, she attended Hinds Community College in Raymond and is currently pursuing a bachelor of fine arts degree in graphic design at Delta State.
The Oleis family has strong ties to Delta State. Oleis’ husband, Brett, earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in commercial aviation from Delta State and currently serves the university as an instructor in commercial aviation. Her daughter, Amanda Oleis McBride, received her bachelor of science degree in athletic training, and her son-in-law, Ryan McBride, is also a Delta State graduate with a degree in aviation. Oleis’ son, Michael, is a senior at Delta State majoring in accounting and finance.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth