Building named for Hurt
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 23,2012
Mississippi State University recently named a building in honor of retired agricultural researcher and administrator Verner G. Hurt. The Verner G. Hurt Research and Extension Building contains more than 19,000 square feet of office and research space.
During Hurt’s service of more than four decades to MSU, he served as director of the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station, professor of agricultural economics and head of that department. He received numerous awards from agricultural organizations and associations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters