Building named for Hurt
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 23,2012
Mississippi State University recently named a building in honor of retired agricultural researcher and administrator Verner G. Hurt. The Verner G. Hurt Research and Extension Building contains more than 19,000 square feet of office and research space.
During Hurt’s service of more than four decades to MSU, he served as director of the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station, professor of agricultural economics and head of that department. He received numerous awards from agricultural organizations and associations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur