Building named for Hurt
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 23,2012
Mississippi State University recently named a building in honor of retired agricultural researcher and administrator Verner G. Hurt. The Verner G. Hurt Research and Extension Building contains more than 19,000 square feet of office and research space.
During Hurt’s service of more than four decades to MSU, he served as director of the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station, professor of agricultural economics and head of that department. He received numerous awards from agricultural organizations and associations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force