Building named for Hurt
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 23,2012
Mississippi State University recently named a building in honor of retired agricultural researcher and administrator Verner G. Hurt. The Verner G. Hurt Research and Extension Building contains more than 19,000 square feet of office and research space.
During Hurt’s service of more than four decades to MSU, he served as director of the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station, professor of agricultural economics and head of that department. He received numerous awards from agricultural organizations and associations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity