Building named for Hurt
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 23,2012
Mississippi State University recently named a building in honor of retired agricultural researcher and administrator Verner G. Hurt. The Verner G. Hurt Research and Extension Building contains more than 19,000 square feet of office and research space.
During Hurt’s service of more than four decades to MSU, he served as director of the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station, professor of agricultural economics and head of that department. He received numerous awards from agricultural organizations and associations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts
- The leadership styles of President Obama