Dupre leaves Star
Crystal Dupre, publisher at the Meridian Star for the past six years, has taken a job as publisher with The Eagle in Bryan/College Station, Texas. The Meridian Star reports no successor has been named.
Dupre began her newspaper career in 1995 as advertising director for The Laurel Leader-Call. The next few years involved a few moves – first to Meridian as advertising director, then back to Laurel as publisher and finally back to Meridian as publisher in May 2006, succeeding Paul Barrett.
Dupre, and her husband, Ken, have three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner