Dupre leaves Star
Crystal Dupre, publisher at the Meridian Star for the past six years, has taken a job as publisher with The Eagle in Bryan/College Station, Texas. The Meridian Star reports no successor has been named.
Dupre began her newspaper career in 1995 as advertising director for The Laurel Leader-Call. The next few years involved a few moves – first to Meridian as advertising director, then back to Laurel as publisher and finally back to Meridian as publisher in May 2006, succeeding Paul Barrett.
Dupre, and her husband, Ken, have three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line