Dupre leaves Star
Crystal Dupre, publisher at the Meridian Star for the past six years, has taken a job as publisher with The Eagle in Bryan/College Station, Texas. The Meridian Star reports no successor has been named.
Dupre began her newspaper career in 1995 as advertising director for The Laurel Leader-Call. The next few years involved a few moves – first to Meridian as advertising director, then back to Laurel as publisher and finally back to Meridian as publisher in May 2006, succeeding Paul Barrett.
Dupre, and her husband, Ken, have three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections