Dupre leaves Star
Crystal Dupre, publisher at the Meridian Star for the past six years, has taken a job as publisher with The Eagle in Bryan/College Station, Texas. The Meridian Star reports no successor has been named.
Dupre began her newspaper career in 1995 as advertising director for The Laurel Leader-Call. The next few years involved a few moves – first to Meridian as advertising director, then back to Laurel as publisher and finally back to Meridian as publisher in May 2006, succeeding Paul Barrett.
Dupre, and her husband, Ken, have three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison