Reneau announces retirement
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 23,2012
Louisiana Tech University president and Mississippi native Daniel Reneau says he will retire at the end of June 2013. He’s been with the university 50 years as a student and educator, and served 26 years as president — the longest anyone has held the job.
Reneau grew up in Woodville. He earned his bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering at Louisiana Tech in 1963 and his master’s in 1964. In 1972, he established one of the nation’s first biomedical engineering departments at Tech.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators