Reneau announces retirement
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 23,2012
Louisiana Tech University president and Mississippi native Daniel Reneau says he will retire at the end of June 2013. He’s been with the university 50 years as a student and educator, and served 26 years as president — the longest anyone has held the job.
Reneau grew up in Woodville. He earned his bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering at Louisiana Tech in 1963 and his master’s in 1964. In 1972, he established one of the nation’s first biomedical engineering departments at Tech.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges