Reneau announces retirement
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 23,2012
Louisiana Tech University president and Mississippi native Daniel Reneau says he will retire at the end of June 2013. He’s been with the university 50 years as a student and educator, and served 26 years as president — the longest anyone has held the job.
Reneau grew up in Woodville. He earned his bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering at Louisiana Tech in 1963 and his master’s in 1964. In 1972, he established one of the nation’s first biomedical engineering departments at Tech.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones