Thomas comes to DSU
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 23,2012
The Delta State University Alumni Association has hired Jordan Thomas as the new assistant director of alumni affairs. A native of Grenada, Thomas received a bachelor’s degree in English and journalism from the University of Mississippi in 2009 and a master’s degree in English education from Delta State University in 2011.
Thomas comes to Delta State from Coopwood Communications where she served as editor of both the Delta Business Journal and The Cleveland Current. Previously, she was the assistant director of advancement at Kirk Academy in Grenada, where she also taught English, drama and public speaking.
While at Ole Miss, Thomas was a member of Chi Omega Sorority where she served as director of sisterhood, intramurals chair and was a member of the pledge board. She was active at the S. Gale Denley Student Media Center where she was on the managing team of the Ole Miss yearbook and worked as a producer, assignment editor and on-air talent for “News Watch,” a nightly 30-minute, student-run news show. Thomas was a member of the Chancellor’s Leadership Class and a volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, Gardner-Simmons Home for Girls, the Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Saltillo, Mexico Mission trip.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county