Thomas comes to DSU
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 23,2012
The Delta State University Alumni Association has hired Jordan Thomas as the new assistant director of alumni affairs. A native of Grenada, Thomas received a bachelor’s degree in English and journalism from the University of Mississippi in 2009 and a master’s degree in English education from Delta State University in 2011.
Thomas comes to Delta State from Coopwood Communications where she served as editor of both the Delta Business Journal and The Cleveland Current. Previously, she was the assistant director of advancement at Kirk Academy in Grenada, where she also taught English, drama and public speaking.
While at Ole Miss, Thomas was a member of Chi Omega Sorority where she served as director of sisterhood, intramurals chair and was a member of the pledge board. She was active at the S. Gale Denley Student Media Center where she was on the managing team of the Ole Miss yearbook and worked as a producer, assignment editor and on-air talent for “News Watch,” a nightly 30-minute, student-run news show. Thomas was a member of the Chancellor’s Leadership Class and a volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, Gardner-Simmons Home for Girls, the Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Saltillo, Mexico Mission trip.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger