Thomas comes to DSU
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 23,2012
The Delta State University Alumni Association has hired Jordan Thomas as the new assistant director of alumni affairs. A native of Grenada, Thomas received a bachelor’s degree in English and journalism from the University of Mississippi in 2009 and a master’s degree in English education from Delta State University in 2011.
Thomas comes to Delta State from Coopwood Communications where she served as editor of both the Delta Business Journal and The Cleveland Current. Previously, she was the assistant director of advancement at Kirk Academy in Grenada, where she also taught English, drama and public speaking.
While at Ole Miss, Thomas was a member of Chi Omega Sorority where she served as director of sisterhood, intramurals chair and was a member of the pledge board. She was active at the S. Gale Denley Student Media Center where she was on the managing team of the Ole Miss yearbook and worked as a producer, assignment editor and on-air talent for “News Watch,” a nightly 30-minute, student-run news show. Thomas was a member of the Chancellor’s Leadership Class and a volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, Gardner-Simmons Home for Girls, the Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Saltillo, Mexico Mission trip.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Texas company fined for taking water from a Mississippi river