Hearing set for man charged with murder after illegal buttocks implant
Published: September 24,2012
JACKSON — A preliminary hearing is scheduled today for a Mississippi man charged with depraved-heart murder after performing an illegal buttocks implant that killed a Georgia woman.
Morris Garner, who has had gender-changing surgeries and goes by the name Tracey Lynn Garner, is charged with doing the procedure in March at a house in Jackson.
The hearing was set for this afternoon in Hinds County Court. Garner has been held without bond.
Garner is charged with depraved-heart murder in the death of Karima Gordon, 37, of Atlanta. Depraved-heart murder charges a “callous disregard for human life” that causes death. It carries a life sentence.
Garner’s lawyer, John Colette, said he was “shocked” by the seriousness of the charge. He has denied his client is guilty of depraved-heart murder.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hearing set for man charged with murder after illegal buttocks implant”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson