Hearing set for man charged with murder after illegal buttocks implant
Published: September 24,2012
JACKSON — A preliminary hearing is scheduled today for a Mississippi man charged with depraved-heart murder after performing an illegal buttocks implant that killed a Georgia woman.
Morris Garner, who has had gender-changing surgeries and goes by the name Tracey Lynn Garner, is charged with doing the procedure in March at a house in Jackson.
The hearing was set for this afternoon in Hinds County Court. Garner has been held without bond.
Garner is charged with depraved-heart murder in the death of Karima Gordon, 37, of Atlanta. Depraved-heart murder charges a “callous disregard for human life” that causes death. It carries a life sentence.
Garner’s lawyer, John Colette, said he was “shocked” by the seriousness of the charge. He has denied his client is guilty of depraved-heart murder.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hearing set for man charged with murder after illegal buttocks implant”
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot