Hearing set for man charged with murder after illegal buttocks implant
Published: September 24,2012
JACKSON — A preliminary hearing is scheduled today for a Mississippi man charged with depraved-heart murder after performing an illegal buttocks implant that killed a Georgia woman.
Morris Garner, who has had gender-changing surgeries and goes by the name Tracey Lynn Garner, is charged with doing the procedure in March at a house in Jackson.
The hearing was set for this afternoon in Hinds County Court. Garner has been held without bond.
Garner is charged with depraved-heart murder in the death of Karima Gordon, 37, of Atlanta. Depraved-heart murder charges a “callous disregard for human life” that causes death. It carries a life sentence.
Garner’s lawyer, John Colette, said he was “shocked” by the seriousness of the charge. He has denied his client is guilty of depraved-heart murder.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hearing set for man charged with murder after illegal buttocks implant”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option