Hearing set for man charged with murder after illegal buttocks implant
Published: September 24,2012
JACKSON — A preliminary hearing is scheduled today for a Mississippi man charged with depraved-heart murder after performing an illegal buttocks implant that killed a Georgia woman.
Morris Garner, who has had gender-changing surgeries and goes by the name Tracey Lynn Garner, is charged with doing the procedure in March at a house in Jackson.
The hearing was set for this afternoon in Hinds County Court. Garner has been held without bond.
Garner is charged with depraved-heart murder in the death of Karima Gordon, 37, of Atlanta. Depraved-heart murder charges a “callous disregard for human life” that causes death. It carries a life sentence.
Garner’s lawyer, John Colette, said he was “shocked” by the seriousness of the charge. He has denied his client is guilty of depraved-heart murder.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hearing set for man charged with murder after illegal buttocks implant”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year