Hearing set for man charged with murder after illegal buttocks implant
Published: September 24,2012
JACKSON — A preliminary hearing is scheduled today for a Mississippi man charged with depraved-heart murder after performing an illegal buttocks implant that killed a Georgia woman.
Morris Garner, who has had gender-changing surgeries and goes by the name Tracey Lynn Garner, is charged with doing the procedure in March at a house in Jackson.
The hearing was set for this afternoon in Hinds County Court. Garner has been held without bond.
Garner is charged with depraved-heart murder in the death of Karima Gordon, 37, of Atlanta. Depraved-heart murder charges a “callous disregard for human life” that causes death. It carries a life sentence.
Garner’s lawyer, John Colette, said he was “shocked” by the seriousness of the charge. He has denied his client is guilty of depraved-heart murder.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hearing set for man charged with murder after illegal buttocks implant”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding