Peavey opens Hollywood showroom on Sunset Boulevard
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 24,2012
Tags: amplifer, audio, electric guitar, electronics, grand opening, guitar, high-tech, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, music, musical instyrument, P.A, public address system, showroom, sound, technology
MERIDIAN — Peavey Electronics recently celebrated the grand opening of the Peavey Hollywood showroom on Sunset Boulevard at the heart of Guitar Row. The weeklong event featured appearances from company founder Hartley Peavey as well as musicians, celebrities and live performances.
Musicians and music fans packed into the new showroom — lined with the amplifiers, guitars and sound reinforcement gear that have made Peavey an icon in music and audio — for a meet-and-greet with Peavey, one of the industry’s longest-serving founders and CEOs. The opening also featured live performances from Alex Skolnick and Monte Montgomery, an appearance by Black Veil Brides and a signing with comics legend Stan Lee, who autographed Peavey Marvel guitars.
Located at 7422 Sunset Boulevard, Peavey Hollywood “gives musicians and music fans a new home in the heart of rock & roll with a green-room vibe, high-end gear from the Peavey family of brands to play and regular performances from world-class artists,” according to the company.
“Giving the Peavey experience a home in Hollywood after nearly five decades is very meaningful for us,” said Hartley Peavey, who earned his star on the Hollywood Rock Walk of Fame in 1990. “We’re excited to have a place where our longtime L.A. friends, as well as new artists and dealers, can hear and play an extensive range of gear in a comfortable space that caters to them.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Peavey opens Hollywood showroom on Sunset Boulevard”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers