Peavey opens Hollywood showroom on Sunset Boulevard
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 24,2012
Tags: amplifer, audio, electric guitar, electronics, grand opening, guitar, high-tech, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, music, musical instyrument, P.A, public address system, showroom, sound, technology
MERIDIAN — Peavey Electronics recently celebrated the grand opening of the Peavey Hollywood showroom on Sunset Boulevard at the heart of Guitar Row. The weeklong event featured appearances from company founder Hartley Peavey as well as musicians, celebrities and live performances.
Musicians and music fans packed into the new showroom — lined with the amplifiers, guitars and sound reinforcement gear that have made Peavey an icon in music and audio — for a meet-and-greet with Peavey, one of the industry’s longest-serving founders and CEOs. The opening also featured live performances from Alex Skolnick and Monte Montgomery, an appearance by Black Veil Brides and a signing with comics legend Stan Lee, who autographed Peavey Marvel guitars.
Located at 7422 Sunset Boulevard, Peavey Hollywood “gives musicians and music fans a new home in the heart of rock & roll with a green-room vibe, high-end gear from the Peavey family of brands to play and regular performances from world-class artists,” according to the company.
“Giving the Peavey experience a home in Hollywood after nearly five decades is very meaningful for us,” said Hartley Peavey, who earned his star on the Hollywood Rock Walk of Fame in 1990. “We’re excited to have a place where our longtime L.A. friends, as well as new artists and dealers, can hear and play an extensive range of gear in a comfortable space that caters to them.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Peavey opens Hollywood showroom on Sunset Boulevard”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system