Silver Airways picking up Delta flights at three airports
Published: September 24,2012
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Silver Airways of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., will take over three Mississippi cities being dropped by Delta Airlines.
The Hattiesburg American reports, starting Oct. 1, flights out of the Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional Airport and the airports in Greenville and Tupelo will go to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport instead of Memphis.
Delta connects through Memphis. It notified the U.S. Department of Transportation in July that it was dropping 24 routes in smaller markets across the nation, including those three.
According to Silver Airways’ website, it operates over 100 scheduled non-stop flights daily and serves or soon will serve nearly 57 airports in 14 states and the Bahamas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete