Silver Airways picking up Delta flights at three airports
by Associated Press
Published: September 24,2012
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Silver Airways of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., will take over three Mississippi cities being dropped by Delta Airlines.
The Hattiesburg American reports, starting Oct. 1, flights out of the Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional Airport and the airports in Greenville and Tupelo will go to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport instead of Memphis.
Delta connects through Memphis. It notified the U.S. Department of Transportation in July that it was dropping 24 routes in smaller markets across the nation, including those three.
According to Silver Airways’ website, it operates over 100 scheduled non-stop flights daily and serves or soon will serve nearly 57 airports in 14 states and the Bahamas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Mayor wants 'trial run' of hotel/restaurant tax next month