Silver Airways picking up Delta flights at three airports
by Associated Press
Published: September 24,2012
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Silver Airways of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., will take over three Mississippi cities being dropped by Delta Airlines.
The Hattiesburg American reports, starting Oct. 1, flights out of the Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional Airport and the airports in Greenville and Tupelo will go to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport instead of Memphis.
Delta connects through Memphis. It notified the U.S. Department of Transportation in July that it was dropping 24 routes in smaller markets across the nation, including those three.
According to Silver Airways’ website, it operates over 100 scheduled non-stop flights daily and serves or soon will serve nearly 57 airports in 14 states and the Bahamas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- News The Way You Want It!
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom