Silver Airways picking up Delta flights at three airports
by Associated Press
Published: September 24,2012
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Silver Airways of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., will take over three Mississippi cities being dropped by Delta Airlines.
The Hattiesburg American reports, starting Oct. 1, flights out of the Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional Airport and the airports in Greenville and Tupelo will go to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport instead of Memphis.
Delta connects through Memphis. It notified the U.S. Department of Transportation in July that it was dropping 24 routes in smaller markets across the nation, including those three.
According to Silver Airways’ website, it operates over 100 scheduled non-stop flights daily and serves or soon will serve nearly 57 airports in 14 states and the Bahamas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Woman pleads not guilty to murder in second buttocks-enhancement case
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions