Thieves hit city’s sports complex; steal bleachers
by Associated Press
Published: September 24,2012
MCCOMB — Officials say thieves have stolen more than $8,000 worth of equipment from the McComb Sports Complex.
The Enterprise-Journal reports everything from nuts and blots to the very bleachers that fans sit in were taken from the park and from a nearby shed. The shed was also damaged.
Mayor Whitney Rawlings said the city board will have to approve a budget amendment in order to replace the equipment.
Last week’s burglary was the second break-in at the park in one week. The first incident was a vehicle burglary.
Rawlings said city officials are planning to invest in heavier security at the sports park.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections