Thieves hit city’s sports complex; steal bleachers
Published: September 24,2012
MCCOMB — Officials say thieves have stolen more than $8,000 worth of equipment from the McComb Sports Complex.
The Enterprise-Journal reports everything from nuts and blots to the very bleachers that fans sit in were taken from the park and from a nearby shed. The shed was also damaged.
Mayor Whitney Rawlings said the city board will have to approve a budget amendment in order to replace the equipment.
Last week’s burglary was the second break-in at the park in one week. The first incident was a vehicle burglary.
Rawlings said city officials are planning to invest in heavier security at the sports park.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing