Thieves hit city’s sports complex; steal bleachers
Published: September 24,2012
MCCOMB — Officials say thieves have stolen more than $8,000 worth of equipment from the McComb Sports Complex.
The Enterprise-Journal reports everything from nuts and blots to the very bleachers that fans sit in were taken from the park and from a nearby shed. The shed was also damaged.
Mayor Whitney Rawlings said the city board will have to approve a budget amendment in order to replace the equipment.
Last week’s burglary was the second break-in at the park in one week. The first incident was a vehicle burglary.
Rawlings said city officials are planning to invest in heavier security at the sports park.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option