Thieves hit city’s sports complex; steal bleachers
Published: September 24,2012
MCCOMB — Officials say thieves have stolen more than $8,000 worth of equipment from the McComb Sports Complex.
The Enterprise-Journal reports everything from nuts and blots to the very bleachers that fans sit in were taken from the park and from a nearby shed. The shed was also damaged.
Mayor Whitney Rawlings said the city board will have to approve a budget amendment in order to replace the equipment.
Last week’s burglary was the second break-in at the park in one week. The first incident was a vehicle burglary.
Rawlings said city officials are planning to invest in heavier security at the sports park.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities