Thieves hit city’s sports complex; steal bleachers
Published: September 24,2012
MCCOMB — Officials say thieves have stolen more than $8,000 worth of equipment from the McComb Sports Complex.
The Enterprise-Journal reports everything from nuts and blots to the very bleachers that fans sit in were taken from the park and from a nearby shed. The shed was also damaged.
Mayor Whitney Rawlings said the city board will have to approve a budget amendment in order to replace the equipment.
Last week’s burglary was the second break-in at the park in one week. The first incident was a vehicle burglary.
Rawlings said city officials are planning to invest in heavier security at the sports park.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act