Democrats backing Banks for state Supreme Court
Published: September 25,2012
JACKSON — The Mississippi Democratic Party is endorsing Democratic state Rep. Earle Banks of Jackson as he runs for state Supreme Court.
The endorsement was announced yesterday, weeks after the state Republican Party endorsed the man Banks is trying to unseat, Chief Justice Bill Waller Jr. of Jackson.
Mississippi judicial candidates run without party labels, but state law doesn’t stop political parties from throwing their support behind candidates.
Banks is an attorney and president of People’s Funeral Home. He has served in the House since 1993.
Waller has served on the Supreme Court since 1996 and became chief justice in 2009.
The central district has 22 counties: Bolivar, Claiborne, Copiah, Hinds, Holmes, Humphreys, Issaquena, Jefferson, Kemper, Lauderdale, Leake, Madison, Neshoba, Newton, Noxubee, Rankin, Scott, Sharkey, Sunflower, Warren, Washington and Yazoo.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on