State’s West Nile virus cases hit 186; four deaths
by Associated Press
Published: September 25,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The state Department of Health is reporting 17 new human cases of West Nile virus, bringing the total to 186 cases and four deaths.
In 2011, Mississippi had 52 West Nile virus cases and five deaths. The health department only reports laboratory-confirmed cases to the public.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the new cases were reported in Adams (1), Bolivar (1), DeSoto (2), Hancock (1), Hinds (3), Leflore (1), Lincoln (1), Madison (4), Rankin (1), Sunflower (1), and Yazoo (1) counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections