State’s West Nile virus cases hit 186; four deaths
by Associated Press
Published: September 25,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The state Department of Health is reporting 17 new human cases of West Nile virus, bringing the total to 186 cases and four deaths.
In 2011, Mississippi had 52 West Nile virus cases and five deaths. The health department only reports laboratory-confirmed cases to the public.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the new cases were reported in Adams (1), Bolivar (1), DeSoto (2), Hancock (1), Hinds (3), Leflore (1), Lincoln (1), Madison (4), Rankin (1), Sunflower (1), and Yazoo (1) counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center