State’s West Nile virus cases hit 186; four deaths
Published: September 25,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The state Department of Health is reporting 17 new human cases of West Nile virus, bringing the total to 186 cases and four deaths.
In 2011, Mississippi had 52 West Nile virus cases and five deaths. The health department only reports laboratory-confirmed cases to the public.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the new cases were reported in Adams (1), Bolivar (1), DeSoto (2), Hancock (1), Hinds (3), Leflore (1), Lincoln (1), Madison (4), Rankin (1), Sunflower (1), and Yazoo (1) counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state