State’s West Nile virus cases hit 186; four deaths
Published: September 25,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The state Department of Health is reporting 17 new human cases of West Nile virus, bringing the total to 186 cases and four deaths.
In 2011, Mississippi had 52 West Nile virus cases and five deaths. The health department only reports laboratory-confirmed cases to the public.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the new cases were reported in Adams (1), Bolivar (1), DeSoto (2), Hancock (1), Hinds (3), Leflore (1), Lincoln (1), Madison (4), Rankin (1), Sunflower (1), and Yazoo (1) counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications