FNC: Appraisal Score makes history with patent
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 26,2012
OXFORD — FNC Inc.’s Appraisal Score has received a U.S. patent (U.S. Pat. No. 8,244,563), making it the first patented appraisal review tool, according to the technology company.
“Critics of the American appraisal process say the process is broken and they’re looking to new government regulations to fix the problem. But we’ve already developed the solution — the adoption of our Appraisal Score and other technology can reform the process,” said FNC co-founder and executive vice president for data and analytics Bob Dorsey, one of the Score’s inventors.
The Appraisal Score patent has been pending since FNC began to sell the product five years ago. This business-method patent, which covers the algorithm that generates FNC’s Appraisal Score, also covers any score based on rules applied to appraisal data.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building