FNC: Appraisal Score makes history with patent
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 26,2012
OXFORD — FNC Inc.’s Appraisal Score has received a U.S. patent (U.S. Pat. No. 8,244,563), making it the first patented appraisal review tool, according to the technology company.
“Critics of the American appraisal process say the process is broken and they’re looking to new government regulations to fix the problem. But we’ve already developed the solution — the adoption of our Appraisal Score and other technology can reform the process,” said FNC co-founder and executive vice president for data and analytics Bob Dorsey, one of the Score’s inventors.
The Appraisal Score patent has been pending since FNC began to sell the product five years ago. This business-method patent, which covers the algorithm that generates FNC’s Appraisal Score, also covers any score based on rules applied to appraisal data.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term