FNC: Appraisal Score makes history with patent
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 26,2012
OXFORD — FNC Inc.’s Appraisal Score has received a U.S. patent (U.S. Pat. No. 8,244,563), making it the first patented appraisal review tool, according to the technology company.
“Critics of the American appraisal process say the process is broken and they’re looking to new government regulations to fix the problem. But we’ve already developed the solution — the adoption of our Appraisal Score and other technology can reform the process,” said FNC co-founder and executive vice president for data and analytics Bob Dorsey, one of the Score’s inventors.
The Appraisal Score patent has been pending since FNC began to sell the product five years ago. This business-method patent, which covers the algorithm that generates FNC’s Appraisal Score, also covers any score based on rules applied to appraisal data.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators