FNC: Appraisal Score makes history with patent
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 26,2012
OXFORD — FNC Inc.’s Appraisal Score has received a U.S. patent (U.S. Pat. No. 8,244,563), making it the first patented appraisal review tool, according to the technology company.
“Critics of the American appraisal process say the process is broken and they’re looking to new government regulations to fix the problem. But we’ve already developed the solution — the adoption of our Appraisal Score and other technology can reform the process,” said FNC co-founder and executive vice president for data and analytics Bob Dorsey, one of the Score’s inventors.
The Appraisal Score patent has been pending since FNC began to sell the product five years ago. This business-method patent, which covers the algorithm that generates FNC’s Appraisal Score, also covers any score based on rules applied to appraisal data.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags