Hancock Holding launches new investment fund
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 26,2012
GULFPORT — Hancock Holding Company has launched the Hancock Horizon Diversified Income Fund as a new addition to the company’s $1.5-billion family of investment funds. The fund seeks to generate steady income from a combination of financial investments.
Hancock Horizon Funds senior vice president and chief investment strategist John Portwood, CFA, said, “This will be an alternative for investors who have seen diminishing returns from traditional income-producing investment products as interest rates have declined.”
The new fund will invest in a mix of master limited partnerships (MLPs), dividend paying stocks, real estate investment trusts (REITs), preferred stock and high-yield bonds. Fund managers at Hancock Horizon Funds (HHF) said they have flexibility to add other assets as deemed strategic.
To lead the Diversified Income Fund, the Hancock Horizon Funds has tapped 20-year investment industry veteran Greg Hodlewsky, CFA.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- The link between education and economic development