Hancock Holding launches new investment fund
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 26,2012
GULFPORT — Hancock Holding Company has launched the Hancock Horizon Diversified Income Fund as a new addition to the company’s $1.5-billion family of investment funds. The fund seeks to generate steady income from a combination of financial investments.
Hancock Horizon Funds senior vice president and chief investment strategist John Portwood, CFA, said, “This will be an alternative for investors who have seen diminishing returns from traditional income-producing investment products as interest rates have declined.”
The new fund will invest in a mix of master limited partnerships (MLPs), dividend paying stocks, real estate investment trusts (REITs), preferred stock and high-yield bonds. Fund managers at Hancock Horizon Funds (HHF) said they have flexibility to add other assets as deemed strategic.
To lead the Diversified Income Fund, the Hancock Horizon Funds has tapped 20-year investment industry veteran Greg Hodlewsky, CFA.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center