Hancock Holding launches new investment fund
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 26,2012
GULFPORT — Hancock Holding Company has launched the Hancock Horizon Diversified Income Fund as a new addition to the company’s $1.5-billion family of investment funds. The fund seeks to generate steady income from a combination of financial investments.
Hancock Horizon Funds senior vice president and chief investment strategist John Portwood, CFA, said, “This will be an alternative for investors who have seen diminishing returns from traditional income-producing investment products as interest rates have declined.”
The new fund will invest in a mix of master limited partnerships (MLPs), dividend paying stocks, real estate investment trusts (REITs), preferred stock and high-yield bonds. Fund managers at Hancock Horizon Funds (HHF) said they have flexibility to add other assets as deemed strategic.
To lead the Diversified Income Fund, the Hancock Horizon Funds has tapped 20-year investment industry veteran Greg Hodlewsky, CFA.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force