Hancock Holding launches new investment fund
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 26,2012
GULFPORT — Hancock Holding Company has launched the Hancock Horizon Diversified Income Fund as a new addition to the company’s $1.5-billion family of investment funds. The fund seeks to generate steady income from a combination of financial investments.
Hancock Horizon Funds senior vice president and chief investment strategist John Portwood, CFA, said, “This will be an alternative for investors who have seen diminishing returns from traditional income-producing investment products as interest rates have declined.”
The new fund will invest in a mix of master limited partnerships (MLPs), dividend paying stocks, real estate investment trusts (REITs), preferred stock and high-yield bonds. Fund managers at Hancock Horizon Funds (HHF) said they have flexibility to add other assets as deemed strategic.
To lead the Diversified Income Fund, the Hancock Horizon Funds has tapped 20-year investment industry veteran Greg Hodlewsky, CFA.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up