Hancock Holding launches new investment fund
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 26,2012
GULFPORT — Hancock Holding Company has launched the Hancock Horizon Diversified Income Fund as a new addition to the company’s $1.5-billion family of investment funds. The fund seeks to generate steady income from a combination of financial investments.
Hancock Horizon Funds senior vice president and chief investment strategist John Portwood, CFA, said, “This will be an alternative for investors who have seen diminishing returns from traditional income-producing investment products as interest rates have declined.”
The new fund will invest in a mix of master limited partnerships (MLPs), dividend paying stocks, real estate investment trusts (REITs), preferred stock and high-yield bonds. Fund managers at Hancock Horizon Funds (HHF) said they have flexibility to add other assets as deemed strategic.
To lead the Diversified Income Fund, the Hancock Horizon Funds has tapped 20-year investment industry veteran Greg Hodlewsky, CFA.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site