MDOT estimates Miss. 6 project will wrap up in 2014
Published: September 26,2012
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — State transportation officials say the final leg of four-lane of Mississippi 6 from Batesville to Tupelo should be completed by 2014.
The last segment runs from Pontotoc to U.S. 45.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the May 30, 2014, date was calculated using the remaining work and expected progress by the contractor for paving the 10-mile, $26 million segment.
Officials say a typo listed the date as May 30, 2013.
Engineer Bill Jamieson says MDOT is using more date-specific contracts rather than time-unit calculations.
None of the Mississippi 6 section between Tupelo and Mississippi 342 near the Black Zion community is open, but Mississippi 6 is open from Mississippi 342 to Batesville.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi