MDOT estimates Miss. 6 project will wrap up in 2014
Published: September 26,2012
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — State transportation officials say the final leg of four-lane of Mississippi 6 from Batesville to Tupelo should be completed by 2014.
The last segment runs from Pontotoc to U.S. 45.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the May 30, 2014, date was calculated using the remaining work and expected progress by the contractor for paving the 10-mile, $26 million segment.
Officials say a typo listed the date as May 30, 2013.
Engineer Bill Jamieson says MDOT is using more date-specific contracts rather than time-unit calculations.
None of the Mississippi 6 section between Tupelo and Mississippi 342 near the Black Zion community is open, but Mississippi 6 is open from Mississippi 342 to Batesville.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics