MDOT estimates Miss. 6 project will wrap up in 2014
Published: September 26,2012
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — State transportation officials say the final leg of four-lane of Mississippi 6 from Batesville to Tupelo should be completed by 2014.
The last segment runs from Pontotoc to U.S. 45.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the May 30, 2014, date was calculated using the remaining work and expected progress by the contractor for paving the 10-mile, $26 million segment.
Officials say a typo listed the date as May 30, 2013.
Engineer Bill Jamieson says MDOT is using more date-specific contracts rather than time-unit calculations.
None of the Mississippi 6 section between Tupelo and Mississippi 342 near the Black Zion community is open, but Mississippi 6 is open from Mississippi 342 to Batesville.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications