MDOT estimates Miss. 6 project will wrap up in 2014
by Associated Press
Published: September 26,2012
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — State transportation officials say the final leg of four-lane of Mississippi 6 from Batesville to Tupelo should be completed by 2014.
The last segment runs from Pontotoc to U.S. 45.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the May 30, 2014, date was calculated using the remaining work and expected progress by the contractor for paving the 10-mile, $26 million segment.
Officials say a typo listed the date as May 30, 2013.
Engineer Bill Jamieson says MDOT is using more date-specific contracts rather than time-unit calculations.
None of the Mississippi 6 section between Tupelo and Mississippi 342 near the Black Zion community is open, but Mississippi 6 is open from Mississippi 342 to Batesville.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody