MDOT estimates Miss. 6 project will wrap up in 2014
Published: September 26,2012
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — State transportation officials say the final leg of four-lane of Mississippi 6 from Batesville to Tupelo should be completed by 2014.
The last segment runs from Pontotoc to U.S. 45.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the May 30, 2014, date was calculated using the remaining work and expected progress by the contractor for paving the 10-mile, $26 million segment.
Officials say a typo listed the date as May 30, 2013.
Engineer Bill Jamieson says MDOT is using more date-specific contracts rather than time-unit calculations.
None of the Mississippi 6 section between Tupelo and Mississippi 342 near the Black Zion community is open, but Mississippi 6 is open from Mississippi 342 to Batesville.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal