Construction getting underway on new aquatic center
Published: September 27,2012
Tags: athletics, builder, building, builld, city, community development, construction, contractor, dive, diver, diving, municipal government, municipality, project, sports, swim, swimmer, swimming, water sports
TUPELO — Work crews are putting up a temporary fence this week around the construction site of Tupelo’s new aquatic center.
A groundbreaking was held last Tuesday for the $11 million facility being built near the entrance to Veterans Park.
Officials say construction will take about 14 months with a grand opening of the nearly 44,000-square-foot facility tentatively planned for late 2013.
The sprawling complex will house one Olympic-size pool and one smaller pool for fitness or instruction classes. It also will have spectator seating, locker rooms, restrooms, offices, a multipurpose room, kitchen, lobby and an outdoor area for sunbathing.
Once the aquatic center is complete, the city will do-away-with the Rob Leake Swimming pool and replace it with a splash pad.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job