Speaker Gun conducting ‘ideas tour’ next month
by Associated Press
Published: September 28,2012
Tags: election, government, idea, lawmaker, legislation, legislative, legislator, Legislature, meeting, politician, Politics, poll, public hearing, public official, representative, state, town hall, vote, voter, Voting
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi House Speaker Philip Gunn is holding an “ideas tour” in October.
The Republican from Clinton says the nonpartisan public meetings are designed so people can tell him what issues they want lawmakers to consider.
On Oct. 8, meetings are set for 9 a.m. at the state Capitol, 1 p.m. at Greenwood City Hall and 4:30 p.m. in the Hernando city courtroom.
On Oct. 9, they’re at 9 a.m. in Tupelo City Hall, 1:30 p.m. in Columbus City Hall and 5 p.m. in Meridian City Hall.
On Oct. 11, they’re at 9 a.m. at the Cultural Center on Main Street in Hattiesburg and 1:30 p.m. at Biloxi City Hall.
On Oct. 12, one is set for 10 a.m. at State Bank and Trust in Brookhaven.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil