Speaker Gun conducting ‘ideas tour’ next month
Published: September 28,2012
Tags: election, government, idea, lawmaker, legislation, legislative, legislator, Legislature, meeting, politician, Politics, poll, public hearing, public official, representative, state, town hall, vote, voter, Voting
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi House Speaker Philip Gunn is holding an “ideas tour” in October.
The Republican from Clinton says the nonpartisan public meetings are designed so people can tell him what issues they want lawmakers to consider.
On Oct. 8, meetings are set for 9 a.m. at the state Capitol, 1 p.m. at Greenwood City Hall and 4:30 p.m. in the Hernando city courtroom.
On Oct. 9, they’re at 9 a.m. in Tupelo City Hall, 1:30 p.m. in Columbus City Hall and 5 p.m. in Meridian City Hall.
On Oct. 11, they’re at 9 a.m. at the Cultural Center on Main Street in Hattiesburg and 1:30 p.m. at Biloxi City Hall.
On Oct. 12, one is set for 10 a.m. at State Bank and Trust in Brookhaven.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal