Speaker Gun conducting ‘ideas tour’ next month
Published: September 28,2012
Tags: election, government, idea, lawmaker, legislation, legislative, legislator, Legislature, meeting, politician, Politics, poll, public hearing, public official, representative, state, town hall, vote, voter, Voting
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi House Speaker Philip Gunn is holding an “ideas tour” in October.
The Republican from Clinton says the nonpartisan public meetings are designed so people can tell him what issues they want lawmakers to consider.
On Oct. 8, meetings are set for 9 a.m. at the state Capitol, 1 p.m. at Greenwood City Hall and 4:30 p.m. in the Hernando city courtroom.
On Oct. 9, they’re at 9 a.m. in Tupelo City Hall, 1:30 p.m. in Columbus City Hall and 5 p.m. in Meridian City Hall.
On Oct. 11, they’re at 9 a.m. at the Cultural Center on Main Street in Hattiesburg and 1:30 p.m. at Biloxi City Hall.
On Oct. 12, one is set for 10 a.m. at State Bank and Trust in Brookhaven.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year