Speaker Gun conducting ‘ideas tour’ next month
Published: September 28,2012
Tags: election, government, idea, lawmaker, legislation, legislative, legislator, Legislature, meeting, politician, Politics, poll, public hearing, public official, representative, state, town hall, vote, voter, Voting
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi House Speaker Philip Gunn is holding an “ideas tour” in October.
The Republican from Clinton says the nonpartisan public meetings are designed so people can tell him what issues they want lawmakers to consider.
On Oct. 8, meetings are set for 9 a.m. at the state Capitol, 1 p.m. at Greenwood City Hall and 4:30 p.m. in the Hernando city courtroom.
On Oct. 9, they’re at 9 a.m. in Tupelo City Hall, 1:30 p.m. in Columbus City Hall and 5 p.m. in Meridian City Hall.
On Oct. 11, they’re at 9 a.m. at the Cultural Center on Main Street in Hattiesburg and 1:30 p.m. at Biloxi City Hall.
On Oct. 12, one is set for 10 a.m. at State Bank and Trust in Brookhaven.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow