Speaker Gun conducting ‘ideas tour’ next month
Published: September 28,2012
Tags: election, government, idea, lawmaker, legislation, legislative, legislator, Legislature, meeting, politician, Politics, poll, public hearing, public official, representative, state, town hall, vote, voter, Voting
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi House Speaker Philip Gunn is holding an “ideas tour” in October.
The Republican from Clinton says the nonpartisan public meetings are designed so people can tell him what issues they want lawmakers to consider.
On Oct. 8, meetings are set for 9 a.m. at the state Capitol, 1 p.m. at Greenwood City Hall and 4:30 p.m. in the Hernando city courtroom.
On Oct. 9, they’re at 9 a.m. in Tupelo City Hall, 1:30 p.m. in Columbus City Hall and 5 p.m. in Meridian City Hall.
On Oct. 11, they’re at 9 a.m. at the Cultural Center on Main Street in Hattiesburg and 1:30 p.m. at Biloxi City Hall.
On Oct. 12, one is set for 10 a.m. at State Bank and Trust in Brookhaven.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62