AACC appoints Risley
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 30,2012
Phi Theta Kappa’s executive director Dr. Rod Risley has been appointed by Dr. Walter Bumphus, president and CEO, American Association of Community Colleges (AACC), to serve on the National Steering Committee charged with developing an action plan to implement recommendations from the “Reclaiming the American Dream” report issued by the 21st-Century Commission on the Future of Community Colleges. Bumphus also announced Risley’s appointment to two of nine implementation teams charged with developing strategies to help community colleges adopt commission recommendations and promising practices. Risley will serve as co-chair of the Faculty Development and Leadership Team and as a member of the College Completion Team.
Risley recently served on the 36-member Blue Ribbon 21st-Century Commission. Composed of higher education, business, policy and philanthropy leaders, the Commission was charged with mapping a bold new direction for the future of community colleges. Risley’s focus areas on the Commission included College Completion, College Readiness, Transitions (K-12-Community College-University) and Community College Financing.
Last month, Risley participated in the AACC board of directors Summer Retreat to discuss with college presidents the progress to date on the national community college completion challenge.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years