AACC appoints Risley
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 30,2012
Phi Theta Kappa’s executive director Dr. Rod Risley has been appointed by Dr. Walter Bumphus, president and CEO, American Association of Community Colleges (AACC), to serve on the National Steering Committee charged with developing an action plan to implement recommendations from the “Reclaiming the American Dream” report issued by the 21st-Century Commission on the Future of Community Colleges. Bumphus also announced Risley’s appointment to two of nine implementation teams charged with developing strategies to help community colleges adopt commission recommendations and promising practices. Risley will serve as co-chair of the Faculty Development and Leadership Team and as a member of the College Completion Team.
Risley recently served on the 36-member Blue Ribbon 21st-Century Commission. Composed of higher education, business, policy and philanthropy leaders, the Commission was charged with mapping a bold new direction for the future of community colleges. Risley’s focus areas on the Commission included College Completion, College Readiness, Transitions (K-12-Community College-University) and Community College Financing.
Last month, Risley participated in the AACC board of directors Summer Retreat to discuss with college presidents the progress to date on the national community college completion challenge.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma