Investment company acquires JBHM Education Group
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 30,2012
JACKSON — Weld North Holdings LLC, an investment company based in New York, has acquired a 100 percent interest in JBHM Education Group.
The transaction closed in September. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Weld North intends to combine JBHM Education Group with recently acquired Editure Professional Development Inc. of New York, creating a national organization that will provide consulting services in areas including the Common Core State Standards, utilization of technology in the classroom, school turnaround and teacher effectiveness.
Weld North managing director Justin Serrano will become CEO of the combined organization.
The new company will be headquartered in New York and will retain existing offices in Jackson, Costa Mesa, Calif., and Austin, Texas.
“My dream for JBHM has always been to take the work we’ve done so well in our core states to a national scale,” said Dr. Mike Walters, CEO, JBHM Education Group. “Weld North has the expertise and capabilities to help us accomplish this goal.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom