Investment company acquires JBHM Education Group
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 30,2012
JACKSON — Weld North Holdings LLC, an investment company based in New York, has acquired a 100 percent interest in JBHM Education Group.
The transaction closed in September. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Weld North intends to combine JBHM Education Group with recently acquired Editure Professional Development Inc. of New York, creating a national organization that will provide consulting services in areas including the Common Core State Standards, utilization of technology in the classroom, school turnaround and teacher effectiveness.
Weld North managing director Justin Serrano will become CEO of the combined organization.
The new company will be headquartered in New York and will retain existing offices in Jackson, Costa Mesa, Calif., and Austin, Texas.
“My dream for JBHM has always been to take the work we’ve done so well in our core states to a national scale,” said Dr. Mike Walters, CEO, JBHM Education Group. “Weld North has the expertise and capabilities to help us accomplish this goal.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss