Investment company acquires JBHM Education Group
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 30,2012
JACKSON — Weld North Holdings LLC, an investment company based in New York, has acquired a 100 percent interest in JBHM Education Group.
The transaction closed in September. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Weld North intends to combine JBHM Education Group with recently acquired Editure Professional Development Inc. of New York, creating a national organization that will provide consulting services in areas including the Common Core State Standards, utilization of technology in the classroom, school turnaround and teacher effectiveness.
Weld North managing director Justin Serrano will become CEO of the combined organization.
The new company will be headquartered in New York and will retain existing offices in Jackson, Costa Mesa, Calif., and Austin, Texas.
“My dream for JBHM has always been to take the work we’ve done so well in our core states to a national scale,” said Dr. Mike Walters, CEO, JBHM Education Group. “Weld North has the expertise and capabilities to help us accomplish this goal.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M