Investment company acquires JBHM Education Group
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 30,2012
JACKSON — Weld North Holdings LLC, an investment company based in New York, has acquired a 100 percent interest in JBHM Education Group.
The transaction closed in September. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Weld North intends to combine JBHM Education Group with recently acquired Editure Professional Development Inc. of New York, creating a national organization that will provide consulting services in areas including the Common Core State Standards, utilization of technology in the classroom, school turnaround and teacher effectiveness.
Weld North managing director Justin Serrano will become CEO of the combined organization.
The new company will be headquartered in New York and will retain existing offices in Jackson, Costa Mesa, Calif., and Austin, Texas.
“My dream for JBHM has always been to take the work we’ve done so well in our core states to a national scale,” said Dr. Mike Walters, CEO, JBHM Education Group. “Weld North has the expertise and capabilities to help us accomplish this goal.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'