Investment company acquires JBHM Education Group
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 30,2012
JACKSON — Weld North Holdings LLC, an investment company based in New York, has acquired a 100 percent interest in JBHM Education Group.
The transaction closed in September. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Weld North intends to combine JBHM Education Group with recently acquired Editure Professional Development Inc. of New York, creating a national organization that will provide consulting services in areas including the Common Core State Standards, utilization of technology in the classroom, school turnaround and teacher effectiveness.
Weld North managing director Justin Serrano will become CEO of the combined organization.
The new company will be headquartered in New York and will retain existing offices in Jackson, Costa Mesa, Calif., and Austin, Texas.
“My dream for JBHM has always been to take the work we’ve done so well in our core states to a national scale,” said Dr. Mike Walters, CEO, JBHM Education Group. “Weld North has the expertise and capabilities to help us accomplish this goal.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute