Investment company acquires JBHM Education Group
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 30,2012
JACKSON — Weld North Holdings LLC, an investment company based in New York, has acquired a 100 percent interest in JBHM Education Group.
The transaction closed in September. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Weld North intends to combine JBHM Education Group with recently acquired Editure Professional Development Inc. of New York, creating a national organization that will provide consulting services in areas including the Common Core State Standards, utilization of technology in the classroom, school turnaround and teacher effectiveness.
Weld North managing director Justin Serrano will become CEO of the combined organization.
The new company will be headquartered in New York and will retain existing offices in Jackson, Costa Mesa, Calif., and Austin, Texas.
“My dream for JBHM has always been to take the work we’ve done so well in our core states to a national scale,” said Dr. Mike Walters, CEO, JBHM Education Group. “Weld North has the expertise and capabilities to help us accomplish this goal.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says