Simon Property Group honored for ‘green’ efforts
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 2,2012
RIDGELAND — Simon Property Group Inc., a retail real estate company, has won two recent awards for its commitment to sustainability issues.
Simon properties in Ridgeland include Northpark Mall.
For the second consecutive year, SPG has been recognized by the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) with inclusion in its select Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI). Once again SPG was the only real estate company to be awarded the CDLI distinction, according to the company.
This index highlights those companies within the S&P 500 Index that have displayed a strong approach to information disclosure regarding climate change. Companies are scored on their climate change disclosure and high scores indicate good internal data management and understanding of climate change related issues affecting the company.
SPG was also named a regional sector leader in retail by The Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) in its recently released 2012 report. The report is based on sustainability data gathered from approximately 450 property companies and funds worldwide, providing aggregate information for 36,000 properties, representing $1.3 billion in global assets under management.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis