Simon Property Group honored for ‘green’ efforts
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 2,2012
RIDGELAND — Simon Property Group Inc., a retail real estate company, has won two recent awards for its commitment to sustainability issues.
Simon properties in Ridgeland include Northpark Mall.
For the second consecutive year, SPG has been recognized by the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) with inclusion in its select Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI). Once again SPG was the only real estate company to be awarded the CDLI distinction, according to the company.
This index highlights those companies within the S&P 500 Index that have displayed a strong approach to information disclosure regarding climate change. Companies are scored on their climate change disclosure and high scores indicate good internal data management and understanding of climate change related issues affecting the company.
SPG was also named a regional sector leader in retail by The Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) in its recently released 2012 report. The report is based on sustainability data gathered from approximately 450 property companies and funds worldwide, providing aggregate information for 36,000 properties, representing $1.3 billion in global assets under management.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal