Simon Property Group honored for ‘green’ efforts
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 2,2012
RIDGELAND — Simon Property Group Inc., a retail real estate company, has won two recent awards for its commitment to sustainability issues.
Simon properties in Ridgeland include Northpark Mall.
For the second consecutive year, SPG has been recognized by the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) with inclusion in its select Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI). Once again SPG was the only real estate company to be awarded the CDLI distinction, according to the company.
This index highlights those companies within the S&P 500 Index that have displayed a strong approach to information disclosure regarding climate change. Companies are scored on their climate change disclosure and high scores indicate good internal data management and understanding of climate change related issues affecting the company.
SPG was also named a regional sector leader in retail by The Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) in its recently released 2012 report. The report is based on sustainability data gathered from approximately 450 property companies and funds worldwide, providing aggregate information for 36,000 properties, representing $1.3 billion in global assets under management.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'