Coast beaches closed by Isaac finally reopen
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 5,2012
HARRISON COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted beach closures issued Aug. 31 in the aftermath of Hurricane Isaac.
The closures were lifted for the following monitoring stations in Harrison County:
• Station 9 — Gulfport Harbor Beach near Pratt Avenue; from 20th Avenue east to Thornton Avenue
• Station 10 — Gulfport Central Beach at the Armed Forces Retirement Center near Oak Avenue; from Alfonso Drive east to the old Armed Forces Retirement Center main entrance
• Station 10A — Courthouse Road Beach near Courthouse Road west parking lot; from the old VA main entrance east to Courthouse Road
• Station 11 — Gulfport East Beach near Cowan/Lorraine Road; from Teagarden Road eastward to Anniston Avenue
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones