Southern Miss gets money from Point Cadet settlement
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 5,2012
HATTIESBURG — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has presented the University of Southern Mississippi with a check for $366,100.
The funds are part of a settlement agreement reached in 2002 resolving longstanding land issues on a piece of property located at Point Cadet in Biloxi. As part of the settlement agreement, funds generated from rents on the Point Cadet property are distributed between the state, USM and City of Biloxi.
Including this payment, over $2.5 million has been distributed to Southern Miss as part of the settlement. The $366,100 check presentation is for fiscal year 2010-2011. Funds from fiscal year 2011-2012 will be distributed to USM in the near future, the Secretary of State’s Office reports.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy