Southern Miss gets money from Point Cadet settlement
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 5,2012
HATTIESBURG — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has presented the University of Southern Mississippi with a check for $366,100.
The funds are part of a settlement agreement reached in 2002 resolving longstanding land issues on a piece of property located at Point Cadet in Biloxi. As part of the settlement agreement, funds generated from rents on the Point Cadet property are distributed between the state, USM and City of Biloxi.
Including this payment, over $2.5 million has been distributed to Southern Miss as part of the settlement. The $366,100 check presentation is for fiscal year 2010-2011. Funds from fiscal year 2011-2012 will be distributed to USM in the near future, the Secretary of State’s Office reports.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager