Southern Miss gets money from Point Cadet settlement
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 5,2012
HATTIESBURG — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has presented the University of Southern Mississippi with a check for $366,100.
The funds are part of a settlement agreement reached in 2002 resolving longstanding land issues on a piece of property located at Point Cadet in Biloxi. As part of the settlement agreement, funds generated from rents on the Point Cadet property are distributed between the state, USM and City of Biloxi.
Including this payment, over $2.5 million has been distributed to Southern Miss as part of the settlement. The $366,100 check presentation is for fiscal year 2010-2011. Funds from fiscal year 2011-2012 will be distributed to USM in the near future, the Secretary of State’s Office reports.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions