Southern Miss gets money from Point Cadet settlement
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 5,2012
HATTIESBURG — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has presented the University of Southern Mississippi with a check for $366,100.
The funds are part of a settlement agreement reached in 2002 resolving longstanding land issues on a piece of property located at Point Cadet in Biloxi. As part of the settlement agreement, funds generated from rents on the Point Cadet property are distributed between the state, USM and City of Biloxi.
Including this payment, over $2.5 million has been distributed to Southern Miss as part of the settlement. The $366,100 check presentation is for fiscal year 2010-2011. Funds from fiscal year 2011-2012 will be distributed to USM in the near future, the Secretary of State’s Office reports.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues