Southern Miss gets money from Point Cadet settlement
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 5,2012
HATTIESBURG — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has presented the University of Southern Mississippi with a check for $366,100.
The funds are part of a settlement agreement reached in 2002 resolving longstanding land issues on a piece of property located at Point Cadet in Biloxi. As part of the settlement agreement, funds generated from rents on the Point Cadet property are distributed between the state, USM and City of Biloxi.
Including this payment, over $2.5 million has been distributed to Southern Miss as part of the settlement. The $366,100 check presentation is for fiscal year 2010-2011. Funds from fiscal year 2011-2012 will be distributed to USM in the near future, the Secretary of State’s Office reports.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Anderson to turn 22 the day he's sworn into Legislature
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- Report: MSU fostering economic growth, partnerships
- Schools appealing audit; superintendent calls it 'witch hunt'