Dawson heading VA system
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 7,2012
Anthony L. Dawson is the new director of the VA’s Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System. The Department of Veterans Affairs says Dawson, a native of Pritchard, Ala., comes to the Coast from Salisbury, N.C., where he had served as interim medical center director at the W.G. “Bill” Hefner VA Medical Center. VA officials told The Sun Herald Dawson was responsible for operations at the Salisbury medical center and three outpatient clinics.
He takes over for Michael Winn, who was named interim director of the Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System in June, but has returned to his position as director of the VA’s Central Arkansas Veterans Health Care System in Little Rock, Ark.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy