Dawson heading VA system
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 7,2012
Anthony L. Dawson is the new director of the VA’s Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System. The Department of Veterans Affairs says Dawson, a native of Pritchard, Ala., comes to the Coast from Salisbury, N.C., where he had served as interim medical center director at the W.G. “Bill” Hefner VA Medical Center. VA officials told The Sun Herald Dawson was responsible for operations at the Salisbury medical center and three outpatient clinics.
He takes over for Michael Winn, who was named interim director of the Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System in June, but has returned to his position as director of the VA’s Central Arkansas Veterans Health Care System in Little Rock, Ark.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion