Dawson heading VA system
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 7,2012
Anthony L. Dawson is the new director of the VA’s Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System. The Department of Veterans Affairs says Dawson, a native of Pritchard, Ala., comes to the Coast from Salisbury, N.C., where he had served as interim medical center director at the W.G. “Bill” Hefner VA Medical Center. VA officials told The Sun Herald Dawson was responsible for operations at the Salisbury medical center and three outpatient clinics.
He takes over for Michael Winn, who was named interim director of the Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System in June, but has returned to his position as director of the VA’s Central Arkansas Veterans Health Care System in Little Rock, Ark.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics