Dawson heading VA system
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 7,2012
Anthony L. Dawson is the new director of the VA’s Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System. The Department of Veterans Affairs says Dawson, a native of Pritchard, Ala., comes to the Coast from Salisbury, N.C., where he had served as interim medical center director at the W.G. “Bill” Hefner VA Medical Center. VA officials told The Sun Herald Dawson was responsible for operations at the Salisbury medical center and three outpatient clinics.
He takes over for Michael Winn, who was named interim director of the Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System in June, but has returned to his position as director of the VA’s Central Arkansas Veterans Health Care System in Little Rock, Ark.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth