Dawson heading VA system
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 7,2012
Anthony L. Dawson is the new director of the VA’s Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System. The Department of Veterans Affairs says Dawson, a native of Pritchard, Ala., comes to the Coast from Salisbury, N.C., where he had served as interim medical center director at the W.G. “Bill” Hefner VA Medical Center. VA officials told The Sun Herald Dawson was responsible for operations at the Salisbury medical center and three outpatient clinics.
He takes over for Michael Winn, who was named interim director of the Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System in June, but has returned to his position as director of the VA’s Central Arkansas Veterans Health Care System in Little Rock, Ark.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center