Firm makes additions
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 7,2012
The accounting firm GranthamPooole recently made several staff announcements. Gregory “Greg” D. Markow, CPA, has joined the firm as a partner. Markow has more than 30 years of experience in public accounting and senior level financial management. For nine years, he served as a partner with KPMG (formerly Peat Marwick) in Jackson, He most recently served as CFO and treasurer for North American Midway. He also served for 10 years as CFO and treasurer for Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson.
Markow earned his B.B.A. and M.B.A. from the University of Mississippi. He is a member of the American Institute of CPAs and the Mississippi Society of CPAs.
Mike Hanson, CPA, has been named senior manager at the firm. Hanson has more than 11 years of tax preparation, tax planning and financial management experience and has served as a manager for the firm during the past six years.
A native of Senatobia, he attended Northwest Mississippi Junior College and Mississippi State University, where he earned his bachelor of accountancy and master of taxation degrees. He is a member of the American Institute of CPAs and Mississippi Society of CPAs.
Hanson also is active in fundraising efforts benefiting the local Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
GranthamPooole also named Louann Irby, CPA, as senior manager for the firm’s Tax Division. Irby possesses more than 29 years of tax preparation, tax planning and employee benefits experience and has served as a manager for the firm during the past five years.
Prior to joining GranthamPoole, she served as a benefits consultant in the tax section of Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada for five years. She has also served as senior manager for Crowell Hart and Company, CPA, and Haddox Reid Burkes and Calhoun, CPA, both of Jackson.
A native of Jackson, Irby attended the University of Mississippi and Millsaps College, where she earned her bachelor of accountancy degree. She is a member of the American Institute of CPAs, American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries and Mississippi Society of CPAs, where she served as the vice president of membership and treasurer for the organization’s Central Chapter.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey